Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey a lot of my family members speak with a Liverpool accent, (I do not). I think the accent is just to slangy, and strong. I don't like it at all. Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's pretty nice :dontknow:

I think accents are something to be celebrated, encountering a new accent when travelling around is part of the experience, something I personally enjoy..

Even the comical or plain bad ones are nice to hear..

ReputationRep:
    Scally accent - I loathe.
    Proper Scouse is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Steven Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly unique that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Accents make for great comedy - John Bishop, Dara O'Briain, Frakie Boyle all a lot funnier due to their regional accent!

I think I find the scouse accent so bad I like it to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand it. Too phlegmy and whiny.

ReputationRep:
    Pete Price Radio City

Tune into this radio show even though I'm Mancunian (ftw), funny as feck, esp with the scally prank calls.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok one some people, I don't like the really strong one, where they talk uber fast.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Scouse accent! It's my favourite! Guys (for me at least) always seem more attractive if they speak with a Scouse accent.

ReputationRep:
    It can get annoying if you hear to much of it. If you live in South Liverpool, or Sefton or Southport were the accent isn't as strong, or barely audible at times I find, and then go into the city centre, it gets very annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Can't stand it. Too phlegmy and whiny.
    It's not actually the accent that makes the person sound whiny, because not all scousers sound whiny.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny when Jamie Carragher talks

ReputationRep:
    It can be a bit horrible sometimes. That phlegmy, spitty noise that seems to come from most words isn't particularly attractive.

Although that Rebecca Ferguson off X Factor has made it a little more bearable to me and shown me there is some lovable scousers out there too, as she seemed like a really nice person, and i'm not sure i've seen/met many people with a scouse accent that strong that have come across as nice before, haha.
    Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher don't really do the scouse accent's case any good. ha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.