Okay, so I'm a teenage girl, I've never given oral sex. I've had cold sores since I was a baby, but I haven't had one for years, and no one who I live with has ever caught one off of me.
I've heard that apparently, if I give someone a blowjob, I can give them herpes even if I don't have a cold sore present. I have OCD as well, so now I'm paranoid about giving herpes to people from simple things like sharing glasses, touching my mouth and forgetting to wash my hands, etc.
Anyway, I'm worried this means I'll never be able to give blowjobs. Thus, meaning boys won't want to date me.
I found this source: http://www.abc.net.au/health/talking...29/2638882.htm
And it says if he gets coldsores too, you can't reinfect him with the same virus. Is this true? There's such a lack of info surrounding this.
Also, guys, would you be bothered if your girlfriend didn't do oral? I wouldn't expect you to either.
Lol sorry for the weird thread. Thanks.
Oral sex and cold sores. Watch
- Thread Starter
- 13-12-2010 13:26
- 13-12-2010 14:40
Whatever you do, if you have a cold sore or any symptoms AT ALL dont give him/her oral sex. Just dont. It would be a disaster....
Other than that, considering you havent had one for years and blah de blah then itl be fine. One of my close friends gets cold sores all the time as lots of things set it off for her. But she gives her bf oral and from what I know (and i know most things about there sex life unfortunately...) theyre both fine.
I've heard that apparently, if I give someone a blowjob, I can give them herpes even if I don't have a cold sore present.
- 13-12-2010 18:16
Oral herpes is infectious for about 15-18% of the time. The virus can, and does, sometimes reactivate without you getting a cold sore. It happens to everyone with oral herpes sometimes. It is also common to be infectious in the week before you get a cold sore, without showing symptoms.
Sometimes, you will feel some warning, like a tingle on your lip, which should tell you that the virus is active. Sometimes, however, you won't feel a thing.
My boyfriend caught cold sores as a kid. As an adult, WITHOUT current symptoms, he managed to infect me with genital herpes through performing oral sex on me. He hadn't had a cold sore in months, and was aware of the risk and wouldn't have gone near me if he thought he was infectious.
Most herpes infections are caught from someone who is not showing symptoms - about 70% of infections are caught from currently asymptomatic partners (what the other 30% thought they were doing I don't know).Anyway, I'm worried this means I'll never be able to give blowjobs. Thus, meaning boys won't want to date me.And it says if he gets coldsores too, you can't reinfect him with the same virus. Is this true? There's such a lack of info surrounding this.
So if your partner gets cold sores too, even if they had one once as a child, there is no need to worry.
Hope that helps
- 13-12-2010 19:43
Try using flavoured condoms. You can give oral sex with no worries, and it'll taste nice.
- 13-12-2010 20:01
Condoms + oral sex = worse than a handjob. What's the point.