Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Basically, my insurance (Nottingham Trent) made me an offer last week which was ABB. Before I applied the requirements were BBB so now I've decided to change one of my other options to either Lincoln or Plymouth.

But the thing is, according to the guardian league table, Plymouth is ranked 39 and Lincoln, 52. Whereas in the complete university guide, Plymouth is 54 and Lincoln is 46.

Which would you say is more accurate? This is quite urgent because the deadline for changing my options is tomorrow so any help would be much appreciated.

Any opinions about these universities would be welcome as well as I've only started researching into these two a few minutes ago..:/ Also, just to make sure, these are both accredited by BPS right?

Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This is an overall comment, but basically such differences in the league tables are negligible. They can give you a very general idea of a university's rankings (so in the case of your two potentials, in the 40s and 50s) but there's little difference in individual placements. Hence focusing on other differences between the universities tends to be a better idea- which course do you prefer the sound of? Are they campus or city based? What are the lifestyle differences? And if you are going to look at league tables, have you looked at the psychology specific tables? The overall strength of the university is important, of course, but the strength of the department is paramount.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the universities themselves (though a check on their websites or a quick call should let you know if their psychology courses are BPS accredited) but I hope this helps a bit in your decision.

ReputationRep:
    hey how's it all going? I applied to nottingham trent, plymouth and lincoln. Nottingham did the same to me with the ABB offer. Where did you decide to change it to?

ReputationRep:
    I chose Plymouth over Lincoln. I don't remember why though lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.