Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

I can completely understand why you are paranoid. Relationships at university are hard enough, and when you are so far away it doesn't help matters. Do you know these girls well, do you get on and chat or go out together when you visit him? Because I was paranoid about a girl in halls with my boyfriend in the 1st year and once I got to know her a little I understood that she was just genuinely friendly and it would be difficult for anyone not to get on with her! Perhaps you only feel paranoid if the girl is attractive? Would you feel the same if she was less fortunate looking (assuming she is pretty)? I think what you need to do is ask your boyfriend why he is choosing to move in with them, and not some other mates like other boys. Because it may be a matter that he has no one else to live with and he has to move in with them? I wouldn't accuse him of anything but I do think there needs to be trust and the only way you can rebuild it is through talking about it. My boyfriend always makes me feel so much better after I ask him about a girl I think he's getting chummy with in pictures and I realise straight away that theres nothing to it! Just talk to him about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smem)
    To be honest OP, long distance rarely works and I'm not surprised your boyfriend seems more interested in live, breathing people next to him than an image on a computer screen, even if that image happens to be his girlfriend. It's human nature and you shouldn't feel bad.

Actually I'm going to be brutally honest, I personally think there is no point in a relationship if the partners cannot meet each other in the flesh. The absence of sexual relations is just one part of it: there is simply no way that real companionship can be achieved online. However since I know nothing about this particular relationship I'm obviously not going to pass judgement. I'd be worried too, in your situation.

regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    To be honest OP, long distance rarely works and I'm not surprised your boyfriend seems more interested in live, breathing people next to him than an image on a computer screen, even if that image happens to be his girlfriend. It's human nature and you shouldn't feel bad.

Actually I'm going to be brutally honest, I personally think there is no point in a relationship if the partners cannot meet each other in the flesh. The absence of sexual relations is just one part of it: there is simply no way that real companionship can be achieved online. However since I know nothing about this particular relationship I'm obviously not going to pass judgement. I'd be worried too, in your situation.

regards
    This.

LDR's are like locking yourself in, for no good reason.

Like, you can't see anyone else because you're with me... but you also can't see me. It's not a healthy way to have a relationship IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you are being overly paranoid. I would too be suspicious of the situation, but more because your boyfriend appear so dismissive of the issue even existing.

I agree with Anon. that you should perhaps meet these girls and become friends yourselves. I think that's the best and only way to be fine with a partner hanging out with (attractive) members of the opposite sex.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.