Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted into both Bath and Warwick with conditional offers AAA.

But I really don't know which one to go to! I'm so confused!! I've applied for a Business course. Which uni would be better to go to?

Any help would be super useful!
    Thanks!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    They are both very well respected. At the end of the day they are tied on reputation! Are they both sandwich courses?

Have you been to visit them? That can really make or break it....When I last applied to uni, I was set on Manchester, and then I went to the open day and thought the area was disgusting and it completely put me off it. If I hadnt gone to see it I would have had a big shock on the first day of term!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is slightly better respected in terms of reputation for business, but you should visit the places and make your decision based on that

ReputationRep:
    Warwick definitely, it is a much better place for business.

ReputationRep:
    There's not that big of a difference between Bath and Warwick in my opinion - look at the course modules and see which you like best.

Bath has a placement year which I really like the look of but I think Warwick seem to have a more quantative approach to business - also Warwick have certain grade requirement (I think AS Maths is required) so make sure you check on them.

At the end of the day, a 2:1 degree or higher from these two universities will get you a job from any graduate companies. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Warwick is much more respected and is a top target school for investment banking and management consultancy jobs. But I'm not sure if its being a campus university would appeal to everyone. Like most the respondents on this thread are saying, I would also suggest that you visit both campuses and decide from there. Most universities offer the same course syllabus, so differences on the modules are the least you should worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think Bath has the best course out of the two. Also it's really good on sports, and the England rugby team train there sometimes, so if you like sport, go to Bath!!

ReputationRep:
    Bath wishes it had even half the prestige Warwick does. OP, which course are you doing exactly? Whatever course it is, there's no two ways about it. Warwick is superior to Bath.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from both Warwick and Bath for business MScs and chose Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Go to post offer open days for both and see which campus you prefer. Yes they are both campuses but that doesnt mean theyre the same! Have a nose around coventry/leaminngton and bath while youre there and see where youd rather be living.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.