Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I get out of my orange phone contract if my phone has broke 3 times Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a 24 month contract with orange, I am 18 months through it. During the time I have had my phone it has broke 3 times, and at the moment will not even turn on or do anything and has been unusable for ages. Is this a valid reason for getting out of my orange contract, or is there any other way of getting out of my orange contract without having to buy out of it and pay loads

ReputationRep:
    No, you can't. But you can upgrade in about 4 months. Did you buy it from Orange, or an independent retailer? Depending on what phone you have you might want to send it back to the manufacturer for a repair if it's a manufacturer's error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    No, you can't. But you can upgrade in about 4 months. Did you buy it from Orange, or an independent retailer? Depending on what phone you have you might want to send it back to the manufacturer for a repair if it's a manufacturer's error.
    No, I got it from a JAG phone shop. Yeah I get an upgrade on 28th March apparently, I would like an iPhone if I am going to get an upgrade but I don't know if I get an iPhone in March whether they will let me have it for free or if I will have to pay for the handset. That's part of the reason I want to end my contract so that I can get an iPhone on o2 because they do the iPhone for free for the same amount of money I am paying for my contract now, but more minutes and same amount of messages, internet etc... and also o2 is a better service provider. I will have to pay £150 if I buy out of my contract though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    No, I got it from a JAG phone shop. Yeah I get an upgrade on 28th March apparently, I would like an iPhone if I am going to get an upgrade but I don't know if I get an iPhone in March whether they will let me have it for free or if I will have to pay for the handset. That's part of the reason I want to end my contract so that I can get an iPhone on o2 because they do the iPhone for free for the same amount of money I am paying for my contract now, but more minutes and same amount of messages, internet etc... and also o2 is a better service provider. I will have to pay £150 if I buy out of my contract though
    Don't buy an iPhone in March. Hold out until the following June/July (When the new iPhones are released) or you'll regret it when you get your already-nine-months-old phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Don't buy an iPhone in March. Hold out until the following June/July (When the new iPhones are released) or you'll regret it when you get your already-nine-months-old phone.
    Ah Ok. Do you know if phone companies offer to buy people out of their contract if the person they're buying out of a contract, takes up a contract with them instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    Ah Ok. Do you know if phone companies offer to buy people out of their contract if the person they're buying out of a contract, takes up a contract with them instead?
    Try phones for you, they used to do it I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    Try phones for you, they used to do it I think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.