Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just tried to open my front door and it wont budge - Im actually stuck in my house, just had to take a package through my top window....Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... how is it stuck? The lock won't open?

ReputationRep:
    yep exactly that! Thankfully my OH is back from work in a couple of hours hopefuly he'll be able to unlock it from the outside.....so wierd, the knob on the door has been a bit dodgy lately but now im turning it and the catch isnt moving....

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you just use your toilet?

ReputationRep:
    Em, maybe you could try getting out a window? Be careful!

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you stick a flat edge screw driver where the catch meets the frame, the door should open after abit of struggle? Especially from inside the house, this should be possible with a normal yale lock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzie101)
    just had to take a package through my top window....Oh dear...
    Oooh matron!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    lol oops thats bad times OP!! i know someone who got stuck in her room a week ago and her boyfriend had to break the door down haha!! (hes the one who broke it in the first place in fairness!) its not all bad, youve got tsr to keep you entertained while you wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Why didn't you just use your toilet?
    that makes no sense, or am I missing something?

(Original post by Jellybean91)
    lol oops thats bad times OP!! i know someone who got stuck in her room a week ago and her boyfriend had to break the door down haha!! (hes the one who broke it in the first place in fairness!) its not all bad, youve got tsr to keep you entertained while you wait
    Haha yep had to happen to me - stupid thing is we had an inspection this morning the door was fine then - at least Im stuck in my house rather than just my room Delivery guy thought it was all a bit of a laugh, the OH just text me saying he'll come back from work now to free me, but there isnt really much point haha - if there's a fire ill just run into my back garden and run down the lane. Shame I cant get down the side of my house otherwise Id just try and open the front door myself, but its actually a really long walk from the back to the front (I know - I once locked myself out the front with the backdoor left open - looked a right fool marching down the road in my slippers - whilst praying no one robbed me)

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me once, turns out it had a double lock I never even knew what that was in till that day.

ReputationRep:
    Well my OH came home and opened the door fine - so no idea what happened seems to be fine again now

ReputationRep:
    OP has been pushing on a door that needs to be pulled the whole time! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.