The Student Room Group

If we got rid of makeup, girls would be nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I love how that has 75 negative reps. Is it really that controversial to say that almost all girls wear makeup almost all the time?

I said I was fine with Gilmour swinging off the cenotaph and only got three.

You probably wouldn't get 75 negs for saying Obama should return to his primary pre-electoral activity of banana consumption.

Seriously, I think my understanding of what matters to people is a little more clear now. Makeup and Cheryl Cole (are they synonymous?).

Right, here goes with the most controversial thing said all day........

L'Oreal Paris doesn't work very well :shock:
Original post by capucinnolover
I believe most girls are beautiful without any effort..

VIRGIN!
when was make up ever the thing that made a girl "something" or not :s

So what if some girls where make up. why the fuss :s
Reply 223
I rarely wear makeup. I like to think I don't look too horrendous on a daily basis.
Reply 224
I can go out without make up on it's just I feel more confident and prettier with it on
Original post by xfactorfan
this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

so what, why do you care so much?
Pretty girls look pretty regardless of make up. In fact bad make up can make a pretty girl look rough.
Reply 227
Original post by blue acre

Pretty girls look pretty regardless of make up. In fact bad make up can make a pretty girl look rough.

Very true. Taylor Momsen is a good example of a pretty girl gone wrong.
Original post by xfactorfan
this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

Did you ever consider the fact that we wear makeup for OURSELVES, not to get anyone's attention. I put it on even if I'm at home all day - not to cover up "ugliness" (though that does come into it......), but to enhance my looks, like you might wear hairgel/grow a goatee/buy cool glasses.

Anyway, this is TSR, everyone's gonna be like "but I never wear makeup/have a centre parting/do equations all day" CONGRATS. While I agree with some of what you're saying, makeup is like countless other things in history which people use to make themselves look/feel better. It doesn't define who you are, so unless one cakes it on so their face isn't visible, I really don't see why you're bothering to rant. Girls wouldn't be "nothing", there is still a face & personality under the foundation.....:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 229
Lol, this is a problem why? I like the ways girls look, and dont really care if they spend effort making themselves look better, hell, if they wanna make an effort who am I to stop them. I wouldnt go to that much effort, but then I dont get people making swan eyes (i think its swan eyes... could be duck eyes) at me the way a lot of girls do
To be honest I think (subtle) eye make up can enhance any girl's appearance regardless of looks.

It's the over zealous foundation application that I find repulsive.
I don't wear any makeup... :dontknow:
Reply 232
I have seen a few females with make up and then seen then the next morning and they have looked completely different so i do get the OPs point

We have reached a point where we are obsessed with beauty - fake nails, fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake tan, overpolished teeth. We have it all at the moment and whilst this should increase our confidence tenfold we have actually gone in the opposite direction and there seem to be more self esteem issues

Strange
and guys would just have no Megan Fox etc.
lol if youre hot youre hot. makeup wont change much of it. it just makes you think youre hot, or makes others think youre hot.

its something like a placebo. :rolleyes:

and lol at those girls saying theyre not insecure etc etc. if they werent they wouldnt be on here trying so hard to justify to a complete stranger (who for all you know could be spewing garbage not worth your attention in the first place) that he is wrong.
Reply 235

Yup sometimes the ground floor of Selfridges (Beauty Department) is a prime example. Sometimes you get some drag queen looking women there with caked on make up and spider lashes
definetly true, im always thinking that there are more pretty girls than boys, but i'm 99% sure that this might be because of makeup. But I'm thankfull for it, even if its just very little and noone can even notice a difference ( or at leas guys), as somone already sad it makes us feel secure, and as we all know, the charisma plays a big role too, and make up might encourage this a little bit. :biggrin:
As my good friend (male) said when discussing the same subject: "you can't polish a turd",

It's true, makeup can maybe hide a few blemishes or make something about a girl stand out/make her eyes glittery, but it's not going to make her attractive. An attractive girl will probably be attractive without makeup, it's just she puts a bit on to make herself look her best, or indeed because without makeup, people look at girls as though they're not trying hard enough.
Well yeah, I look better with make-up on so I wear it. Not to attract attention for being 'hot', to prevent attracting attention for being down right ugly!
If you ask me boys should be jealous- it's a bloody godsend.
Reply 239
It makes me feel more feminine, have you got a problem with that you little ****?

:lol: just kidding (but not really)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending