The Student Room Group

If we got rid of makeup, girls would be nothing.

Scroll to see replies

If you think girls are nothing without makeup, I can confidently tell that you haven't got closer than viewing distance of any girl. You didn't even bother to back up the claim in the title, and it's such an utterly ridiculous thing to say, that I don't see how that's even a valid proposal.

You suck at thinking if you turned your vague opinion about make-up being overused, or whatever mubo jumbo you wrote in your post, into the statement in the title.

So yeah, what a crap ass thread.
I wear make up nearly everyday b/c I was v insecure when I was younger. But now I wear v little, just concealer, powder, mascara, eyeliner (an actual 'natural look', not 'you;ve been tangoed'). I don't it wear b/c I care what other people or guys think, I do it for my own confidence and b/c I like experimenting with it =]
You can't say 'I don't mean all girls' and then say 'don't deny that you wear make up' that kind of defeats the point.

Anyway why is it that whenever I see a thread slagging off women it's always you or Jimbo? If you don't like us, there's always men...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 83
I'm already nothing then! :biggrin: I don't wear any make-up. :hello:
Reply 84
Original post by CharlieBee_90
You can't say 'I don't mean all girls' and then say 'don't deny that you wear make up' that kind of defeats the point.

Anyway why is it that whenever I see a thread slagging off women it's always you or Jimbo? If you don't like us, there's always men...

Jimbo and this guy. Well I don't think they have anything better to do. They're quite sad. This forum is full of misogynistic trolls.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Neil_K
The truth is, men are naturally better looking than women. Women need to wear makeup in order to look passable and presentable. Men, on the other hand, don't need to wear makeup to look good or even passable.

Also, women initially attract men with their looks and therefore need to look as good as possible to attract a guy, and makeup is their tool to look good.

Plus, don't forget that women age faster than men and therefore use makeup to make their skin look younger.

All these hot models you see on tv and in the magazines etc look terrible without makeup. They only look good because they're made up to look good. If you don't believe me, go to Google and look at some of these 'before and after' pics that show celeb women with no makeup vs with makeup.

Failing that, pull a girl in a club for a one night stand and take her back to your place. If she sleeps over then she'll look worse in the morning because her makeup will have faded. That's why a lot of women don't want to stay over on a one night stand, because they don't want you seeing them in the morning in their more natural state.

I truly am shocked when I've seen girls I know or famous celebs without makeup....the difference with no makeup is staggering. A stunner can easily turn out to be a plain Jane with no makeup.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that if women didn't wear makeup, men would have to wear blindfolds in public as it'd be hard to look at a lot of women without cringing.

I didn't make these rules, so don't flame me. It's just the way life is I'm afraid. I'm glad I'm male as I think we men got the better deal here.

Men naturally better looking than women? :lolwut: Where do you live? Iraq?

Do you honestly believe that the likes of Megan Fox, Charlize Theron and Katy Perry look disgusting without make up on? if you do your mind is severley warped my friend.
Reply 86
I'm surprised to the extent the OP got negged just for stating a generally true fact. Girls these days...
Reply 87
Original post by Neil_K
If you want to have a friendly philosophical discussion with me, then please be SPECIFIC about which of my points you agree/disagree with. Merely stating 'get your head out of your arse' isn't a very intelligent way to have a discussion, and therefore unless you comment on my points specifically then I can't take you seriously.

I didn't really want to have a 'friendly philosophical' discussion with you to be quite honest but there we go.

Whether you think men look better than women is completely your opinion, judging by some of the comments posted, not everyone thinks that. Personally, I think that, in general, women that I see without make-up look better than men. Women don't 'need' to wear make-up to look good, you tool. I know plenty of gorgeous girls who I believe, and plenty of other people would agree, look just as good with make-up as without.

Where is your proof that women age faster than men? Is it based entirely on appearance or some other criteria?

While many female celebrities look better without make-up, so do most male ones. Those with and without photos always catch them in their best and worst light, so the fact that they're not wearing make-up is irrelevant.

You are incredibly shallow and I can't take you seriously, either. I can't believe I even bothered to reply.
(edited 13 years ago)
We're just used to seeing women wearing make-up so when they haven't got it on they look comparatively worse. That's the purpose of make-up - to make you look better. If I wore a sack tomorrow, I would look a lot worse than I do but no-one would think of complaining that I wasn't being 'natural' because the clothes I wore today came from Topshop. If it was the norm for men to wear make-up, they would look worse without it too.
Original post by xfactorfan
this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

Original post by cttp_ngaf
OP - you're just going to get a load of girls insisting that guys can never tell if they're wearing makeup or not.

And yes going without makeup would literally kill most girls these days. It's sad.

Bull****.

I wear make up every day, yes. But only eye make up. And yes I dye my hair and look after my nails and feet.

BUT if suddenly all make up vanished - I would not be doomed, and since a large majority say they can't see a massive difference between when I wear and don't wear makeup I don't think I'll be all that badly off.

You are generalising. Massivley so. Many girls who wear make up don't actually need to, but prefer to do so.
Reply 90
I wear makeup, pretty much everyday if im going out in public, I wear it because it makes me feel better about how I look and in fact I find playing around with make-up to be quite fun!
However, I don't believe girls would be nothing without make-up, some perhaps would just be a little less confident =]
Reply 91
Original post by Dekota-XS
Heard it on the radio the other day - The average male takes longer to get ready in the morning than the average female. Alot of men also have started wearing makeup. Would they still have a girlfriend if makeup didn't exist?

*boyfriend
Reply 92
Original post by ArtGoblin
We're just used to seeing women wearing make-up so when they haven't got it on they look comparatively worse. That's the purpose of make-up - to make you look better. If I wore a sack tomorrow, I would look a lot worse than I do but no-one would think of complaining that I wasn't being 'natural' because the clothes I wore today came from Topshop. If it was the norm for men to wear make-up, they would look worse without it too.

Exactly this!

Besides, even if every girl in the world wore makeup every day, does not mean they would "die" or be "nothing" without it. I often go without during the day but sometimes I wear it; if anything, I'd be quite happy if it didn't exist as there would be no pressure on me to "improve" myself with it. Would be much quicker to get ready for work and a night out as well. If I ever feel bad about not wearing makeup it is always because girls around me are wearing it and it makes me feel plain. This would obviously not be a problem if makeup disappeared ...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
Oh look, I appear to fall into the 0.1% of the very accurate data that the OP has provided...

And I assume that some girls wear make up even to go shopping in the same way I make sure my hair doesn't look like crap before I go out; not to get looked at by guys, it's so I look presentable. I don't want random strangers walking past and thinking "OMG ew" so it's not really attention-seeking, it's more "If I look nice I won't stand out by looking horrible".

It may come as some sort of surprise to you, but girls can want to look nice for themselves. Not everything they do is so that they look nice for you :rolleyes:
Reply 94
I don't wear make up because I'm too lazy. I'd much rather go out bare faced than get up half an hour earlier, so that's what I do. I don't straighten my hair or whatever and I don't spend a fortune on clothes. I chew my nails and chip off any paint I put on them. I look how I look, my hair is always pushed out of the way andd I just throw on any old clothes. Yet somehow I still have a boyfriend and guys' attention. It's not the make up that does it, honey. It's self confidence -and if girls need make up for self confidence then that's sad but you can't begrudge them that.
Reply 95
Generally most women look better with make-up. Of course you still have numerous examples of those who are lucky enough to feel good about their looks without it. Still don't understand why you hating OP? If someone is born with the genes which dictate they will have hereditary under eye circles or frizzy hair, and that person resorts to using product to deal with them, doesn't make them an intrinsically bad person. Similarly someone who has the good luck to be born with naturally clear skin, doesn't have the right to condescend those who didn't have that fortune, it does not in turn somehow make them a better kind of person. What is it to you if a wonderful girl wears make up to enhance her looks and achieve optimum confidence? It should be nothing, kindly grow up.
Reply 96
i love make up, i think its amazing fun to work with, but i haven't worn any for the past month or so :smile:

just because you wear make up doesn't mean thats all you're about though :biggrin:
Original post by joanna-eve
I don't wear make up because I'm too lazy. I'd much rather go out bare faced than get up half an hour earlier, so that's what I do. I don't straighten my hair or whatever and I don't spend a fortune on clothes. I chew my nails and chip off any paint I put on them. I look how I look, my hair is always pushed out of the way andd I just throw on any old clothes. Yet somehow I still have a boyfriend and guys' attention. It's not the make up that does it, honey. It's self confidence -and if girls need make up for self confidence then that's sad but you can't begrudge them that.

Yes confidence is of most importance. But, for example, I don't wear make up and do my hair for other people. I do it for myself. I like to look after myself.

Would you wear worn, torn and dirty underwear? No. But why not?.. if no-one sees it? Because you do it for yourself.

Do you brush your teeth just so other people don't cringe at you? I'm sure the anwsers no, and that you do it for your own health.

I never take my socks off, because I have **** circulation and my feet are always freezing BUT I still NEVER miss a single pedicure, even if no-one sees my toes.
If we didn't wear make up, we would get accused that we don't care about our appearance, or some would say "you could of at least made a little effort".

Though I agree most girls do wear make up everyday. Even if it is a little bit. I certainly do. I don't see what the problem is, if it makes a girl feel comfortable then let her be.
Reply 99
Why do girls wear make-up and perfume?

Because they're ugly and they smell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending