Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does karma exist, and is this my fault? Watch

I wasn't treated nicely by a lot of people in school, and at the time I hoped I'd get the last laugh on all of them.

Since then, I've heard a lot of reports of misfortunes - under age pregnancies, broken families, bad jobs, etc - and today, I actually found out that one of the fringe ones (ie, he never did much, just went along with it) was killed in a car accident on Saturday.

I know this sounds so self-centred and trollish (because if this was anyone else posting, I'd tell them they're being ridiculous) ... but have I caused this, have I brought it upon them? I didn't like them, it was mutual, but I didn't want anyone to die...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wasn't treated nicely by a lot of people in school, and at the time I hoped I'd get the last laugh on all of them.

Since then, I've heard a lot of reports of misfortunes - under age pregnancies, broken families, bad jobs, etc - and today, I actually found out that one of the fringe ones (ie, he never did much, just went along with it) was killed in a car accident on Saturday.

I know this sounds so self-centred and trollish (because if this was anyone else posting, I'd tell them they're being ridiculous) ... but have I caused this, have I brought it upon them? I didn't like them, it was mutual, but I didn't want anyone to die...
    I don't think you know how life works. What are you, 10?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are hindu or buddhist (or sikh?) i see no reason for you to believe in karma

(Original post by 4TSR)
    I don't think you know how life works. What are you, 10?
    Like I say, if it was anyone else I'd say they were just being stupid ... but it's not a nice feeling. I hoped that they'd feel as bad as I did, and now this has all happened.

ReputationRep:
    No Karma does not exist, you just start to think it exists once you do something bad, then you perceive every tiny little bad thing as the " bad Karma "..... When really it's just got nothing to do with it....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    For me, no, karma does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    What about all the friends for which you wished a gruesome death and who never got punished? Karma is all in your head.

ReputationRep:

they is no such thing as karma, its all random events

ReputationRep:
    if karma existed, you'd all be dead...

no you didn't cause anything, i believe when you time is up you die, karma is a saying that makes people feel better and allows them to live on without turning insane

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he ran in front of a car because he felt so bad about what he did to you. Think you might be onto something here.

ReputationRep:

If nothing bad hapend to them. Would you rationalize that you deserved how horrible they were to you by saying you deserve it and your recieving bad karma for the bad things you did ?

see the idea.. punishing them is proof of karma.. not punishing them is proof of karma once you start thinking it exists.

My opinion : It doesnt exist , bullies or similar types are the kinds of people that do stupid things ie unprotected sex , wreckless driving and otherwise. You cant blame yourself for actions they took to lead to there misfortune.

ReputationRep:
    i think this is god punishing him for his sins, because bullying is a sin that calls for blood to be shed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.