Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at a part-time foundation degree which takes 3 years. I've contacted SFE but they can't give me much advice until february, when I can send off an application and be reviewed. I live away from home with my partner and have a job, but this doesn't pay enough for living expenses and rent.
    Is there any funding available for me in september, so that I know before commiting to a course I might not be able to afford to do?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-am-not-a-robot)
    I'm looking at a part-time foundation degree which takes 3 years. I've contacted SFE but they can't give me much advice until february, when I can send off an application and be reviewed. I live away from home with my partner and have a job, but this doesn't pay enough for living expenses and rent.
    Is there any funding available for me in september, so that I know before commiting to a course I might not be able to afford to do?
    Cheers
    Why does it say in your sig your at Hull doing an English course? Anyway unfortunatley under the current system you cannot get loans for part time degrees, and only for certain foundation courses (usually those which are a year zero course leading straight onto a year 1 course.)

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it needs changing 'cause I've left that uni. Do you - or anyone else - know if I can apply for any other kind of loan to help me with my accommodation? Like I said, I work, but don't earn enough to pay off the flat, which is on contract. I would find different work, but I'm not daft enough to leave a permanent paying job in a chain company to try get a new job in this current climate :/

ReputationRep:
    If you're not entitled to student finance, your only option is a commercial loan such as a career development loan, from a bank. You'll pay interest on it though.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.