Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do You Like Your Mum OR Dad Best? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I Like Them Both

ReputationRep:
    Awww

I guess I like my mum more, and love my dad more. I'd be more likely to be friends with my mum because she's pretty young at heart, whereas my dad's kinda boring lol. But my dad's been better to me since they split up like 10 years ago. So my loyalty lies with him.

ReputationRep:
    I only know my mum, dad died in 2006 when I was 11... Only memory I can remember is sitting on his lap reading a primary school book, he was a **** anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww!!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I love both my parents equally, but I suppose I like my mother more. When I was a baby, I got a lot more attention from my mother than my father, and throughout my childhood my father had been absent for long periods of time because he had to work abroad. My mother has always been there for me, meaning to say that she's the one I warm up to more easily and confide in more readily

ReputationRep:
    Lol, its hard to think who!

ReputationRep:
    My dad is much fairer and always takes time to consider a situation and he doesn't get angry easily. Both of my parents are extremely well read, but my mum doesn't read much anymore whereas my dad does, and we're both interested in the same stuff, so I can talk about that with him. I don't, though, because he can thrash me in an argument. Also he doesn't really get what being an Aspie means and when he notices that I flinch or whatever when he hugs me or something he can get pretty moody. He can be strict and lenient, so he's fair in pretty much everything.
    My mum has a really hot temper, like me, and she doesn't think things through in the heat of the moment so she can be really unfair. But I have more in jokes with her and when we're in an argument it takes two minutes and then we're fine.
    I couldn't really choose between them, but I'd say I respect my dad more.

ReputationRep:
    mum

ReputationRep:
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    i haven't seen my dad since i was about 8 when he left when my mum was pregnant.

so, mum. (:

ReputationRep:
    I like both for different reasons. They both have positives and negatives but they both want the best for me (even if they're wrong sometimes) and that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    I'm much more of a Daddy's girl, me and my Mom are too similar and tend not to get on. I just can't relate to her like I can my Dad. We've got loads more in common such as animals, football and stuff. Plus my Mom is miserable all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwww!

ReputationRep:
    Mum

ReputationRep:
    Bothto be honest. My mum was always harder on us as children- always disciplining and shouting and roaring lol but now that I'm older I realise that it was for our own good and she was stressed and stuff which made her quite narky so it wasn't her fault.

ReputationRep:
    I love my mum more, but I like my dad more if that makes sense...

My parents were on and off for years, but I always stayed with my mum whilst my dad was off gallivanting with other women when they were 'off'. As a result, my loyalties lie with my mum- they got back together a few years ago and got married, but I still resent my dad for what he put my mum through, however, he's good to kick back and watch Peep Show and have general banter with..

ReputationRep:
    I love and like my Dad more. (He raised me)

ReputationRep:
    I love them both, in that if I had to pick one of them, I'd never be able to.. but I spend a lot more time with my Mum, dunno if it's coz we're both female or whatever, but we get on really well and have the same sense of humour, which is cool. Dad's a little more "serious", but I still know I can talk to him about anything, if I needed to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I only know my mum, dad died in 2006 when I was 11... Only memory I can remember is sitting on his lap reading a primary school book, he was a **** anyway.
    You only have 1 memory of him, that's strange considering you were 11.

To OP: I would say equally like them both

ReputationRep:
    My dad and I have so much more in common. And my mum kind of annoys me tbh.
    I still love them equally though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.