The Student Room Group

Do You Like Your Mum OR Dad Best?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stems
You only have 1 memory of him, that's strange considering you were 11.

To OP: I would say equally like them both

I only met him a few times, so yes I only have one memory of him. My mum brought me up, he wasn't around, hence why I called him a dick at the end of my post :smile:
Not sure I can decide.

I respect and admire my dad more I think. But I spend more time with my mum so I'm probably closer to her.
Its a really hard one!

My parents divorced when I was 16 but my dad had been fairly part time on the parenting front most of my life anyway. He was always working away (or so he said, he probably had affairs knowing him) and ended up in prison for 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I respect my dad but I can't trust him as far as I throw him.

I love them both equally but my mom wins every time. Dad's good to have a bit of banter with and to watch football and stuff but my mom is amazing :smile:
Mum.
Reply 24
I love and respect my mum. I don't love or respect my dad but I don't hate him.
mum always :biggrin:
Reply 26
I love and respect both, but my liking preference changes.
Reply 27
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
I only met him a few times, so yes I only have one memory of him. My mum brought me up, he wasn't around, hence why I called him a dick at the end of my post :smile:

Oh ok makes sense.
my mum, she's just a sound woman
Reply 29
I haven't seen my dad for a few years and even when he did live with us, he drank/didn't acknowledge us, so definitely my mum!
Reply 30
My mum. She's been a single parent for years with little/no input from our dad and I have a lot of respect for her for this. I also have more in common with my mum, and just generally think she's a nicer person so like her a lot more. But it does make me feel a bit bad for having a favourite :s-smilie:

Saying that, I think if my parents were together there might be less of a difference between the two!
My dad.

I have had nothing to do with my mother for over a year. In September 2009, it was revealed that she and the dad of one of my best friends had been having an affair for three years, so it ripped my family and my friend's family apart. I will never forgive her.
Reply 32
I love them both but I would have to say Mum, I know I can tell her just about anything.
(edited 13 years ago)
I used to be a daddy's girl but we don't really talk much these days. I used to think I was much closer to my mum but apparently I have mother issues and I've now got a mother figure who I'd say is more of a mum... so guess neither of them win that one :nah:
Love them both of course but I get on with my Dad better. We have more in common plus he's always so calm and cool. Mum freaks out too easily at thing :biggrin:
Reply 35
Neither.
End of.
In b4 "I like YOUR mum best"
Reply 37
ii dont know about some people but personally thats like asking which hand do you want to keep your left hand or right hand (the answer being you would want to keep both as you value both equally as high)
Reply 38
Original post by Nayred
I love and respect my mum. I don't love or respect my dad but I don't hate him.

This.
Both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending