Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the reasons you become distant with someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Explain why you become distant with someone. It could be someone you like or dislike but why do you do it?

Do you ever do it if you think someone likes youyou like someone? What reasons?

ReputationRep:
    I've always done it with guys I find attractive because I don't want them to think I find them attractive :rolleyes: also do it with guys I get like-vibes off because I don't wanna give them the wrong idea and have the awkward turning them down thing (urgh I sound like a *****, as if I'm fighting them off, I'm not lol). And up until recently I'd do it with a guy I liked (usually a mutual likey situation) because I guess I thought they'd get bored of me if they got too close. But now I'm realising it feels much nicer to just relax

ReputationRep:
    I've become distant with most boyfriends, and i'm not completely sure why. I think alot of people do it because they think they might get hurt? Not saying you would just that most people use it as a protective mechanism

ReputationRep:
    They buy you socks for your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Because we go down different paths, wther it be mentality wise, moving away or we just have different things in common. I'm distant from a lot of people now because they either bore me or they have done something to me and our friendship that i refuse to aprove of, therefore i moved on.

ReputationRep:
    Basically when they no longer deserve my time & effort... eg. lying to my face, going behind my back, not making the effort the back etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Explain why you become distant with someone. It could be someone you like or dislike but why do you do it?

Do you ever do it if you think someone likes youyou like someone? What reasons?
    we were really good friends for 4 years then i asked her out..... we grew apart after that. thankfully i bumped into her 2 months ago and now good friends again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want them to think i'm keener than i am/i realise they're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    When there is incoming attraction from someone you don't like , and you have to stop them thinking that they are close and have a chance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.