Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wanted to ask if anyone else is struggling with Law - or just wants to clear a few things up.

I was wondering what other people would write about with this title:

'How effectively do the recent reforms to the judicial appointments process in the UK address the issue of ethnic diversity within the judiciary?'

ReputationRep:
    This is why I don't want to do Law. Sorry I can't help, ask your professor?

EDIT: However, it seems to be asking how the changes made to the judiciary process affects ethnic diversity? - perhaps for the better? x

(Original post by symba)
      How effectively do the recent reforms to the judicial appointments process in the UK address the issue of ethnic diversity within the judiciary?'
      IANAL (but my parents are ).

I interpret the question as follows:

• Discuss the current situation
      • Look at the recent (define recent?) reforms made to the judicial appointments system
      • Discuss what changes have come in
      • Come to a conclusion on what impact the changes, if any, will have

ReputationRep:
      I did law at Lancaster. My advice is just never sit on the fence, break down the question simply and look through the lecture handouts to see which week best applies to the question. Chances are the tutor has already signposted what they want you to read and write about.

Also, believe in yourself. Sounds cheesy but you didn't get accepted to uni on the basis of being unable to interpret a question. Sometimes you can interpret a question entirely wrong and get a bad mark. Sometimes you can interpret it differently to the tutor but interest them so they give you a good mark anyway just for being interesting. And sometimes you get lucky and write exactly the opinion the tutor thinks and they'll love you for agreeing with them. Depends on the tutor. I once got a really high mark but the tutor said he didn't agree with a word I said and thought I was wrong.

Just go for it. The clues will definitely be in the lecture handouts though or on the VLE

ReputationRep:
      Hey, I'm applying for Law at Lancaster - I was just wondering, if you didn't understand say how to do a question like this, would you just be left along to ponder over it? Would you get penalised for asking the tutor for help, or do they welcome you?
      Also, did anyone here apply for both Law LLB and Law with Crim LLB and then get a letter saying you are being advised to be made an offer, but they didn't say which course I would be getting the offer for, and I've not heard anything via UCAS for 3 weeks..

Could you tell me anything about the course (Law LLB), what it's like, what the lectures are like, tutors, etc
      Any information about Lancaster would be welcomed
      Hope you figured the assignment out! xxx

ReputationRep:
      The tutors are generally great but the odd one can be a bit too busy to welcome you in at any time you drop by. Generally though the tutors will welcome you in to ask about an essay question and go on a tangent and talk for longer than you expected! They're helpful because the better you do reflects positively on them. They just can't give you TOO much info otherwise they're seen as helping you too much. But sometimes they give you more information than they should just because you asked and have shown a real interest in doing well and in the subject.

Just DON'T go and see them too quickly without taking a bit of time to work through what the question might mean and have some specific ideas to ask about. Show that you have actually tried!

ReputationRep:
      Ahh ok I'm so excited I just got an offer for Law LLB AAA and Law with Criminology LLB AAB in the same day!
      Thank you for your reply

ReputationRep:
      My advice - don't do that question. The ones on judicial independence and military courts for terrorism cases are FAR better and FAR easier.

ReputationRep:
      Im doing the same question ..we can shar journals if you like? ... send me a message if you are up for it !

ReputationRep:
      Im also at Lancaster doing Law in first year and chose this question. Im in the process of making a draft so im willing to share ideas for journals to use etc if you wanted.

ReputationRep:
      Hi, everyone I'm doing this question also, it's soooo confusing would you mind helping me

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone done the contract question-Ion, Ali, Belinda and Christopher?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.