Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which uni would you choose & why? + POLL Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Uni Would You Firm?
    Sheffield
    46.15%
    Liverpool
    11.54%
    Birmingham
    42.31%
    Brunel
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Ive applied from a variety of accounting courses and i need help choosing which to firm & which to insurance (if i don't receive my 5th offer).
    • The University of Sheffield - Accounting & Financial Management - Offer AA
    • The University of Birmingham - Accounting and Finance - Offer AAB
    • The Universtiy of Liverpool - Accounting - Offer ABB
    • Brunel University - Finance and Accounting - Conditional offer C

Which (in you opinion) is the best in terms of career prospects & night life!

Thanks!

Judging from the following Sheffield seems to be the highest in the league tables:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_...h_universities

Also if subject rankings mean anything then:

Liverpool - 20
    Sheffield - 22
    Brunel - 31
    Birmingham - 53 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Comments please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree-Shay)
    Comments please!
    cant speak much about the others but I went to birmingham for the open day and loved the place. Its single campus and its got that bubble feeling to it. Everything is in one place , shops , cash machines, food , sports , lectures , markets they had everything inside the university quarter. And a huge area in the middle of the building which is just grass where all the students go to relax or to eat dinner ( I would guess only in the summer lol )

Its a redbrick university too so the reputation is good, dont know about that subject ranking it has... I dont really go by those official statistics any way..too bias and inaccurate in my opinion.

If its an insurance maybe go with brunel because its the lower grade and im guessing your other offer has high grades like the other 3 ?

Depends what sort of grades your getting though, if your getting AAB or similar why not take birmingham or liverpool as insurance. Wouldnt use an offer of AA as an insurance my self so id advice against sheffield, but again..depends on your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree-Shay)
    Hi All,

Ive applied from a variety of accounting courses and i need help choosing which to firm & which to insurance (if i don't receive my 5th offer).
    • The University of Sheffield - Accounting & Financial Management - Offer AA
    • The University of Birmingham - Accounting and Finance - Offer AAB
    • The Universtiy of Liverpool - Accounting - Offer ABB
    • Brunel University - Finance and Accounting - Conditional offer C

Which (in you opinion) is the best in terms of career prospects & night life!

Thanks!

Judging from the following Sheffield seems to be the highest in the league tables:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_...h_universities

Also if subject rankings mean anything then:

Liverpool - 20
    Sheffield - 22
    Brunel - 31
    Birmingham - 53 :confused:
    I can't comment on the universities themselves, but, I would suggest either Sheffield or Birmingham, not both, as they both require AA, if you don't get that then you'd be screwed!!

ReputationRep:
    bham because i live there and i dont want to move out

ReputationRep:
    I picked Liverpool, purely because I love it as a city.. I have no idea about the others though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.