Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to stop looking for a man? Watch

I've been single for too long now and have just finished my first term at uni.
    I've only been able to attract men who are only after one thing, and I think it's because I'm looking for a boyfriend and they can sense it. I've always sworn by the rule 'don't look for love, wait for love to find you' but I can't seem to help it at the moment!
    It's the only thing on my mind. I keep chasing guys who are only interested in sex and making an idiot of myself. I want to focus on myself and my life but the last couple of weeks I even found it difficult to concentrate on my uni work let alone other aspects of my life. I feel terribly lonely although I have lots of friends at home and at uni and a supportive family. There's just the particular type of loneliness that being single makes me feel

ReputationRep:
    Pour battery acid in your eyes.

Then you don't have to see any men, and you get a free dog!

...........anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Dress up. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Boob job

ReputationRep:
    thats the thing OP when your looking for men and when a guy appeals to you your going to persue thinking he could be the perfect one for you, I know what you mean about men that are only after 1 thing and I can say that players don't hang around much they go in straight for it so don't worry they'll go away!

as for waiting for someone whos boy friend material without looking and acting needy just focus on youself, learn a few things, improve your outer shell and inner being so that you can feel lovely and a good man can approach you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've only been able to attract men who are only after one thing, and I think it's because I'm looking for a boyfriend and they can sense it. I've always sworn by the rule 'don't look for love, wait for love to find you' but I can't seem to help it at the moment!
    It's the only thing on my mind. I keep chasing guys who are only interested in sex and making an idiot of myself. I want to focus on myself and my life but the last couple of weeks I even found it difficult to concentrate on my uni work let alone other aspects of my life. I feel terribly lonely although I have lots of friends at home and at uni and a supportive family. There's just the particular type of loneliness that being single makes me feel
    Play computer games and video games.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can get your friends to introduce you to someone.

I have the same problem!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation as you OP. I broke up with my ex about a year ago and only seem to hear off guys who only want one thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm not really a one night stand kind of girl. I've met the few boyfriends that I've had when i wasn't looking for a boyfriend. However recently I can't help but look for a nice guy that doesn't seem to exist. Maybe it's because my ex has moved on, who knows. I'm just trying to keep myself busy and not focus on guys, easier said than done though!

(Original post by effofex)
    Play computer games and video games.
    Do you have any in mind?

(Original post by JessyAnn)
    I'm in the same situation as you OP. I broke up with my ex about a year ago and only seem to hear off guys who only want one thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm not really a one night stand kind of girl. I've met the few boyfriends that I've had when i wasn't looking for a boyfriend. However recently I can't help but look for a nice guy that doesn't seem to exist. Maybe it's because my ex has moved on, who knows. I'm just trying to keep myself busy and not focus on guys, easier said than done though!
    Yeah everything you've said is so true
    I'm also from Wolverhampton!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any in mind?

Yeah everything you've said is so true
    I'm also from Wolverhampton!
    haha small world! the men in Wolves must be rubbish! though I'm in liverpool atm for uni they aren't much better here

ReputationRep:
    Use your senses. I find it easy to know what a girl is like by talking to her.

(Original post by JessyAnn)
    haha small world! the men in Wolves must be rubbish! though I'm in liverpool atm for uni they aren't much better here
    We can also write off the men at Warwick uni

ReputationRep:
    how to stop looking for a man? the solution is : get a man

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any in mind?
    Something you can get really involved in..

I'd recommend

Strategy:

*Sim City
    *Medieval II Total War + Britannia, Crusades, Teutonic & Americas Campaigns
    *Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasions & Alexander expansions
    *Empire Total War (full factions) + Warpath campaign + Road to Independence features
    *Napoleon Total War (full faction 3) + Italy, Egypt, Emergent and Peninsula campaigns
    *Age of Empires? Civilization (Sid Meier), Punic Total War?

Racing:

*GT4/GT5
    *Need for Speed series
    *Road Rage, Nascar series.

Mission-based:

*Call of Duty (Black Ops etc.)
    *Medal of Honour (Vietnam, Europe etc.)
    *Grand Theft Auto.

ReputationRep:
    This is a desperate situation. It calls for desperate measures.

Get me a goat, an empty vial, and a black candle and meet me here at midnight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.