Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I bought him socks...how to intercept the post? Watch

So basically seeing this guy for 6 months, 2 months serious. His birthday is tomorrow, sent his gift special delivery to arrive at the door for him to sign at t;en tomorrow.

The only problem is i've realised my gift is ****. I got him book ends, 7 pairs of socks, and an intricate portrait of him made by me (i'm half okay at sketching). I talked to a few friends 4 of whom were guys. They gave their BF/GF of roughly the same time: barbour jacket, ferarri/spa experience, perfume, jewelry, jack wills gear etc

I've never bought for a boy before. I was going to make him cepelinai and then go as wild as a virgin could in the bedroom but now i'm so bummed over the physical present. I just bought him stuff i woulf d have liked and not what is proper. I'm thinking of waiting outside of his flat tomorow (he has an exam) and getting the parcel back somehow. I have the reciept.

What do to? Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    If you aren't a troll, buy something else, take it to him tomorrow and pretend the socks etc were a joke

ReputationRep:
    lol you bought him socks? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You got him socks? Socks? If you have any decency you will send him a resignation offer in the post.

ReputationRep:
    Just go to his place and sign for it.

Also [email protected]

Make socks one part of the present and buy him some other things if you really are that concerned that what you got him isn't enough.

ReputationRep:
      Send him some vaseline, a box of Kleenex and a year's subscription of Playboy.

ReputationRep:
      Give him the socks, wait for his reaction and then give him a less :troll2: present.

ReputationRep:
      I always buy my boyfriend socks as a gift...he never buys them so I do it for him.
      You might want to buy him something else as well. Or say to him they are token gifts and you will take him out for a drink to celebrate.

You wont be able to intercept post from outside his house postmen aren't allowed to give it to you your a random stranger wandering around outside

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Butted)
      If you aren't a troll, buy something else, take it to him tomorrow and pretend the socks etc were a joke
      This.

This is such a joke. I bought book end to. They cost 18 pound and,the socks cost 12. They are nice socks. Ahhhhhhh i can't actually believe that I'vr done it wrong :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      This is such a joke. I bought book end to. They cost 18 pound and,the socks cost 12. They are nice socks. Ahhhhhhh i can't actually believe that I'vr done it wrong :lolwut:
      Does he read books?

ReputationRep:
      Just buy him something else and say they were joke presents, why have you sent them to him? Who sends people gifts direct from the place you bought them?

(Original post by Shaun1991)
      Just buy him something else and say they were joke presents, why have you sent them to him? Who sends people gifts direct from the place you bought them?
      Different city due to uni. 40 miles apart.

Grrhh i wanted it to be perfect. I wish i'd just got him something else. I even wrote on the card 'stuff that i would like to recieve' he will think me a creep!

Yeah he reads books. And he has feet.

ReputationRep:
      take him out for dinner at the weekend or something

ReputationRep:
      If he likes you he really won't care. He'll probably find it adorable that you sent him socks. I would

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Different city due to uni. 40 miles apart.

Grrhh i wanted it to be perfect. I wish i'd just got him something else. I even wrote on the card 'stuff that i would like to recieve' he will think me a creep!
      It's the thought that counts....

ReputationRep:
      I hope you're my gf, cause I've run out of socks and my books are a mess.

ReputationRep:
      I honestly think the presents you have sent him are so thoughtful and considerate- he'll love them!
      I mean CMON, the 7 socks (if he loses one he's always got a spare- so thoughtful of you!). And wow the book ends, so useful and basically every man's Christmas wish. And omg that intricate portrait-he is one hell of a lucky man, what I would do for an intricate portrait of myself especially by someone who isn't completely **** at drawing.

You're stressing over nothing, he's gonna love them.

LOL!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.