Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insurance Cost for Group 15-20 cars Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest. I was wondering what a rough insurance cost would be for a group 15 car? Perhaps a £7,000 - £12,000 (used) BMW or something.

For say, a 24 year old with 2-3 years no claims bonus.

I know nothing about insurances, just wondering if anyone could share some examples and ideas.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If a new driver gets a new F430 they can expect to pay £48,000 per year... this happened to Andy Murray. Go on Gocompare and it will give you prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Just out of interest. I was wondering what a rough insurance cost would be for a group 15 car? Perhaps a £7,000 - £12,000 (used) BMW or something.

For say, a 24 year old with 2-3 years no claims bonus.

I know nothing about insurances, just wondering if anyone could share some examples and ideas.

Thanks.
    If your a man probably around 3-4k but it also depends on where you live, where the car is kept overnight etc.

Just put your details into one of the insurane websites and see what you get.

ReputationRep:
    1.5K if you put the graft in.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering im female looking at insurance quotes on a mini copper converitble (doesnt look ill be buying it now ) which is group 16 - £4k so god knows what it will cost for a guy (3NCB)

ReputationRep:
    I nearly got a (very old) BMW 750iL for free which was insurance group 20 - I was 21 with 3yr NCB and they wanted £5,000.

ReputationRep:
    Classic car insurance

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to a few of you who gave helpful replies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.