Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

..anyway people, "Which... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ..biscuits do you dunk in your Tea?"

Personally its gotta be Sports (the one's with different sports embossed on the top), I find that they'r good soakers and maintain high strength between post-dunking and mouth entry. Although with Sports when they contain horizontal cracks, they'r hard to detect (pre-dunk) which can often result in catastrophic failure (brittle fracture). Not very pleasant you will know.

p.s. before its mentioned - this applies to all other beverages too and please state which it is to save confusion. after all a coffee dunk is a whole new level as we know.

ReputationRep:
    Just your average digestives, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the Malted Milks! Dunk them 3/4 of the way..and then leave a bit dry and crunchy on the end nomnomnom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Just your average digestives, tbh.
    LOL yep they'r perfect. have you tried the caramel layered digestives - they exceed my dunking expectations, they dont soak very well but they posses super strength and endurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    It's all about the Malted Milks! Dunk them 3/4 of the way..and then leave a bit dry and crunchy on the end nomnomnom
    Now these ive never tried :holmes: what brand are they? or maybe i have had them but just never realised it was a 'malted milk'....

ReputationRep:
    I like lotus biscuits the caramelised ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    I like lotus biscuits the caramelised ones
    Malted milks now Lotus??? never heard of these either... do they dunk well?

ReputationRep:
    Maryland cookies and cold milk :drool: although I hate it when I leave one in there for too long and it disintergrates

ReputationRep:
    The little gingerbread men that Tesco do are amazing dunked in milk, they soak really well and don't really fall apart :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    Malted milks now Lotus??? never heard of these either... do they dunk well?
    these:

you get them in coffee shops mainly... very nice

ReputationRep:
    Hobnobs ftw but also digestives and rich tea

ReputationRep:
    These:

Mmmm :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    these:

you get them in coffee shops mainly... very nice
    ah! actually these i havnt seen for a loooooong time, used to have them when i was a kid. thanks for reminding me, gonna add them to my next shopping list for sure And in dunking terms, i'd put them in the same level as Sports lol

ReputationRep:
    Most biscuits will do, but what I truly hate is when I dip it in too long and it falls in. That completely ruins a good cuppa.

ReputationRep:
    ah! actually these i havnt seen for a loooooong time, used to have them when i was a kid. thanks for reminding me, gonna add them to my next shopping list for sure And in dunking terms, i'd put them in the same level as Sports lol
    yeah they have them in supermarkets too now, before they only sold them in bulk... best biscuits ever!

ReputationRep:
    Rich tea and normal digestives for tea...
    But when it comes to cold milk.. OREOS FTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Maryland cookies and cold milk :drool: although I hate it when I leave one in there for too long and it disintergrates
    Haha the rate of disintegration would be much slower in cold milk as compared to hot tea i would imagine. none the less, a perfect combo one of my fave biscuits - for the sake of other dunkers, i find that marylands shouldn't be dunked longer than ~10s otherwise the embedded choc chips will melt faster than the biscuit matrix. a dunking period of 10s ensures a good soak rate whilst maintaing an intact chip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    The little gingerbread men that Tesco do are amazing dunked in milk, they soak really well and don't really fall apart :love:
    :drool: mmmmmm i like to behead them i.e. soaked head first, and yes i agree they possess a high soak rate and maintain high strength

ReputationRep:
    Haha the rate of disintegration would be much slower in cold milk as compared to hot tea i would imagine. none the less, a perfect combo one of my fave biscuits - for the sake of other dunkers, i find that marylands shouldn't be dunked longer than ~10s otherwise the embedded choc chips will melt faster than the biscuit matrix. a dunking period of 10s ensures a good soak rate whilst maintaing an intact chip.

If I was a girl, or gay, I would be so hot for you right now. IT'S ALL TRUE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $tar£reaker)
    Hobnobs ftw but also digestives and rich tea
    but which is your #1 please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.