Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im considering oxford law. I get good grades. But the people who I meet who also are these things are usually: extremely loveley, but dull/bookish/hadn't had a lot of fun in sixth form or high school. A lot of them you could tell they were those who liked the quiet life. Even the loud + confident ones you could tell they were the sort who'd get invited to a new years party, have one beer, then think they're really crazy and off-the-rails (but are actually a bit sad and socially reatarded)

I am terrified of:

1)Horror stories of being locked in your room for 3 years studying, where at other universities people had social lives?
    2)Am the sort of person who has occasionally did crazy things such as sat on the floor outside a building at midnight with a tramp who I bought a macdonalds for, having a pleasant chat about life and things and a cup of tea. Then at oxford, people consider themselves "fun" or "crazy" or "cool" cos they tagged along to one gig somewhere along the line

I am not taking the piss, and am genuinly sorry if i offend anyone. But please feel free to tell me your opinions :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know some people who have gone to oxford, had a good(ish) social life and have enjoyed working hard towards their degrees.
    However, I also know people who have gone and not left their rooms - it depends on the degree of course, but they go to lectures, eat, row, work and then sleep, thats all.
    If you have the opportunity, great, but don't go there expecting an amazing social life - because there isn't one!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.