Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my friends wants your views on his situation.

He's and final year student and recently received an offer for GBM Ops at bank of america for summer internship program in London.

On his application, he only disclosed two of his highest university grades over the 2 years.

He has actually failed 4 modules over the two years and re-sat them and passed 3 out of 4. Hes on a 2:2 and realistically will get a 2:2 at the end of his degree as he needs over 70% average to get a 2.1 overall.

The question is, will BofA ask for his transcripts from the first two years and will his grades have an impact on his offer?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    tell him to make his own account and ask his own questions.

ReputationRep:
    You need to work harder then.

ReputationRep:
    i thought he already got an offer? If they already granted him an offer, and he didnt put any false information, i assume there is nothing for his to worry about :/

ReputationRep:
    Hard call. I've been asked for my transcript, and most of my friends have too in an internship. Having said that, they don't ask everyone and it is a formality in order to check that a candidate hasn't lied about his grades when applying. If he hasn't put anything false on his application, and he has gotten an offer based on other qualities he possesses, I wouldn't worry too much-this is an internship afterall, and not a full-time grad position. You never know however, considering these are large corporations and you can get dropped after the first week. I would worry however if your friend put "expecting-2:1" and he gets a 2:2.
    You never know though, best is to keep quiet about it...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.