Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiyaaa,

I'm doing the BSc in child nursing at King's and absolutely HATING it. Its very antisocial and the teaching is a bit iffy.

I'm in my first year and thinking of re-applying to southampton as they aren't accepting transfers for the next few years and then starting from scratch and doing the CFP all over again.

I already had a gap year so would be starting as a fresher again at 20 which I am a little worried about as I am quite a mature person anyway.

If Southampton make me an offer (again - really wish I had accepted first time) would you advise me to come to southampton?

What the teaching like? whats the social life like? Do they put nurses together in the halls? (something im finding very hard at the moment)

I've really had my confidence crushed and don't want to be at uni any more but having done 3 weeks of placement I have my heart set on children's nursing. What would you do?

Stick it out at king's where I don't like the place/college/people! or if im offered a place start all over?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by out of the blue)
    Hiyaaa,

I'm doing the BSc in child nursing at King's and absolutely HATING it. Its very antisocial and the teaching is a bit iffy.

I'm in my first year and thinking of re-applying to southampton as they aren't accepting transfers for the next few years and then starting from scratch and doing the CFP all over again.

I already had a gap year so would be starting as a fresher again at 20 which I am a little worried about as I am quite a mature person anyway.

If Southampton make me an offer (again - really wish I had accepted first time) would you advise me to come to southampton?

What the teaching like? whats the social life like? Do they put nurses together in the halls? (something im finding very hard at the moment)

I've really had my confidence crushed and don't want to be at uni any more but having done 3 weeks of placement I have my heart set on children's nursing. What would you do?

Stick it out at king's where I don't like the place/college/people! or if im offered a place start all over?

thanks
    Hello!
    I'm really interested by your post.
    I've been offered places from kings and southampton and my dilemma is which to choose,
    kings i'd be living at home
    southampton moving out
    what are you not happy with? please tell me what its like, as i've applied for the same course also!
    hope it isn't too bad!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ehm, can't help much except to say that the nurses live in halls mixed in with all the other students, which I gather from them is a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Ehm, can't help much except to say that the nurses live in halls mixed in with all the other students, which I gather from them is a good thing?
    Do you know if nursing students have to have a longer contract due to longer course/placements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    Do you know if nursing students have to have a longer contract due to longer course/placements?
    Will ask someone later if I come across one of the nurses in my block, none in my flat unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    Spoke to a friend who's doing Adult Nursing here next year, she says yep, she's 99% sure you have a longer contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Spoke to a friend who's doing Adult Nursing here next year, she says yep, she's 99% sure you have a longer contract.
    Thanks for that. Just tried to +rep you and it won't let me. Sorry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.