Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, I can't decide between the two. I would apply to do Economics, Politics & International relations at RHUL which is a BSc. Does this mean I would be able to study languages too? If not there, then a Economics & International relations BA (which will allow me to do languages?) at Lancaster. I'M ABOUT TO APPLY, SO WHICH ONE?! I'm thinking Lancaster as I want the chance to learn new languages/expand my current ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConorMC)
    Seriously, I can't decide between the two. I would apply to do Economics, Politics & International relations at RHUL which is a BSc. Does this mean I would be able to study languages too? If not there, then a Economics & International relations BA (which will allow me to do languages?) at Lancaster. I'M ABOUT TO APPLY, SO WHICH ONE?! I'm thinking Lancaster as I want the chance to learn new languages/expand my current ones.
    I don't know for that specific course at Lancaster but the majority of courses require you to do a minor in your first year, and for that you can pick just about any subject that the University offers, and if you want you can keep up the minor for the full length of your course.

All I can recommend is that for the language thing, you email the relevant department at Lancaster to ask if they require you to do a minor. Then you simply need to have another look into both Universities and decide how important the language is to you.

If you do come to Lancaster you will enjoy it SO LONG AS you are not set on spending your time at University in a big city.

ReputationRep:
    Email admissions and ask regarding the language learning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.