Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Motivational help wanted/how to stop wasting SO much time. Watch

Right, basically, I waste too much time.
    I dropped out of university in November (but plan to go back next september), and I do not want to end up wasting this year, which is the way it seems to be heading so far! I NEED to stop just sitting infront of my laptop and doing almost nothing.
    Can anyone try and help me take in the fact that I'm just wasting my life at the moment, and that I won't be here forever - and only too late will I realise that I should've been spending this time productively?
    I used to hate wasting time, I don't know what happened - but it's all I do now. I literally do nothing. Unfortunately, I don't have much money at all to really do anything expensive - I need to pick up some hobbies and new interests which don't involve too much money. Does anyone have any extremely interesting or unusual hobbies or interests, or something to read about? Something that requires my undivided attention?

Other than that, I go out with friends, and am trying to look for a job. Whenever I want to do something ont he computer, I just get distracted by this website or facebook
    I know it's a strange request, but I really feel like I'm just wasting away infront of this!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    smoke da erb

na well it is all down to you at the end of the day. if you want it bad you'll work for it, if you're not benefiting or enjoying studying then you don't care about it.

like with me i will exercise because it's something i want to do, where as i won't do work at home because i don't want to. understand?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you can do. You will forever be like this until something shocks you. Perhaps you should quit University and get a job.

ReputationRep:
    get a bonon and keep it

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Spider-Man: the Animated Series (1994) on YouTube and I think it's the best thing I have ever done with my life, maybe you should try that.

ReputationRep:
    put measures in place to make it impossible to sink time into things like facebook etc.
    If you really cant stop yourself, delete your accounts.

ReputationRep:
    The irony is that most people answering this will be on tsr wasting time and procrastinating, and should probably take their own advice before dispensing it. Myself most definatly included. :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.