Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, its coming up to January and we should all start revising soon

Im sitting my AS Unit 1 exam, and was wondering anyone who has done it or is going to do it if you have any revision tips?

What would you recommend? I have no clue how to revise for this exam :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateWar)
    Hey, its coming up to January and we should all start revising soon

Im sitting my AS Unit 1 exam, and was wondering anyone who has done it or is going to do it if you have any revision tips?

What would you recommend? I have no clue how to revise for this exam :confused:
    you could start with this: http://getrevising.co.uk/:)

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR, make a list of all the topics you want to cover, grab a timer, almost underestimate what you can get done in 20minutes, set the timer, you'll usually find yourself more focused and better able to concentrate, and after the timer goes off, take a quick minute break. Do this, all day. You'll get ridiculous amounts of work done.

I know how this isgoing to sound, but I don't want to see any more posts from you! Good luck!

I use a little notebook, and whenever I have doubts, I flick through all the pages, see all the topics and ticks that I have completed, and feelso much better. It's always, "only 15 more minutes, and one step closer!".

EDIT: thanks for the rep! Always here to help! Search "pomodairo" on Google. The cheat sheet works wonders! I have the adobe air widget, and it rawwks!

ReputationRep:
    nice one janet9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hissyfit)
    you could start with this: http://getrevising.co.uk/:)
    Hi you spelt the URL wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Life)
    Hi you spelt the URL wrong!
    Oops ,forgot to put a space between the smiley & the URL,here you go

http://getrevising.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janet9)
    Get off TSR, make a list of all the topics you want to copy, get a timer, almost underestimate what you can get done in 20minutes, set the timer, you'll usually find yourself more focused and better able to concentrate, and after the timer goes off, take a quick minute break. Do this, all day. You'll get ridiculous amounts of work done.

I know how this isgoing to sound, but I don't want to see any more posts from you! Good luck!
    This is good advice tried it out today and it works

p.s. i won't be posting till after my exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.