Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For those who are religious: opinions on sex? Watch

Announcements

What's your personal opinion on sex outside marriage even though your religion regards it as a sin? Have you had sex outside marriage but still firmly believe in Catholicism(or other denominations of Christianity)/Islam/any other religion that says sex is for marriage.
    When I was confirmed (into Catholicism) I was taught that it's an absolute sin. But do people really stick to this? I'm confused. :/

(Original post by Anonymous)
      What's your personal opinion on sex outside marriage even though your religion regards it as a sin? Have you had sex outside marriage but still firmly believe in Catholicism(or other denominations of Christianity)/Islam/any other religion that says sex is for marriage.
      When I was confirmed (into Catholicism) I was taught that it's an absolute sin. But do people really stick to this? I'm confused. :/
      I'm a Christian, used to be a Baptist but I fell out with them when I realized that it was all put on. I still believe, probably more now than ever before. I've considered, at various points, becoming a Catholic, and an Anglican.

For me, sex is the ultimate consummation of love, the last binding seal between a man and a woman. So I'd say it's something of a holy act. But I wouldn't say that marriage is necessarily a requirement; I'd be willing to have sex with <insert hypothetical girlfriend here> if we had both come to truly love each other, and if we intended to get married. In other words, if we wanted God to see us as a couple. But I'd also say that giving pleasure doesn't necessarily require the sex act itself to be performed, so I'd be happy to do other things with her (or for/to her; the biggest turn on to me is the idea of giving a girl pleasure).

ReputationRep:
      Im religious and have turned down sex/gfs before although im kind of goin through a period where if a hot girl made advances i might not be able to refrain. It helps that i dont drink cos thats 80% of the problem I think. If you drink then its gonna be more likely your gona get laid

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.