Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why am i so hungry when studying? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's exam period... and I'm always so hungry. Today I have eaten over half a loaf of bread (fresh baked yesterday in tescos-la brea olive bread), a risotto, a shortbread cookie, a cappuccino, a hearty leek and potato soup, porridge, 2 squares of dark chocolate. All this and I'm still hungry!!

I'm a skinny girl...

ReputationRep:
    Its an excuse...

ReputationRep:
    It happens to me too.

ReputationRep:
    boredom

wasn't studying like but just bored at home and ended up polishing off a full box of crunchy nut

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with studying. You just eat a lot.

ReputationRep:
    You call that eating a lot? My cat eats more than that.

ReputationRep:
    Your brain is hungry.

ReputationRep:
    You lack focus, just have a bottle of water next to you then ul be fine

ReputationRep:
    You're probably not hungry, just bored, and eating passes time, and if you're eating a meal, you don't have to study. That's what it is for me, anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    It's exam period... and I'm always so hungry. Today I have eaten over half a loaf of bread (fresh baked yesterday in tescos-la brea olive bread), a risotto, a shortbread cookie, a cappuccino, a hearty leek and potato soup, porridge, 2 squares of dark chocolate. All this and I'm still hungry!!

I'm a skinny girl...
    Procrastination...

to me all that is, is:
    Breakfast:
    porridge,

Lunch:
    a hearty leek and potato soup,
    half a loaf of bread,

Snack:
    cappuccino
    shortbread cookie
    2 squares of dark chocolate

Dinner:
    risotto.

That isn't really that much... Maybe the amount of bread is pushing it but still not that much.

ReputationRep:
    what are you studying - applie pie n custard? anyway take this pizza meanwhile :pizza:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90pies an hour)
    boredom

wasn't studying like but just bored at home and ended up polishing off a full box of crunchy nut
    Lol how on earth did you manage that!! And out of curiousity, how many bowls did it make?

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, they recommend a 30g serving, I've got a huge bowl... fill it with at least 400ml of milk, and god knows how much Crunchy Nut.

Moral is, eat as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you are subconsciously procrastinating, as you will have to stop studying to go make and eat snacks. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're not drinking enough water.

You think you feel hungry, but you are most probably thirsty

ReputationRep:
    I do that too. Because if i'm eating it's an excuse not to study. Which is bad because then you have to sit on a chair for god knows how long rather than burning off your binge at the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Boredom/stress? Those two are the main targets for 'binge eating' as they say.

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten far more than that, and I don't have any exams, and have prwtty much stopped working, cos, you know, its nearly Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Eat fruits and veg, or fruit chart!

ReputationRep:
    i eat fruit and veg a lot... And i drink lots of water Nope it's physical hunger, my stomach rumbles and feel low of energy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.