Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old is too old to have never had a girlfriend. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. About to hit 21 tomorrow and have never had a girlfriend. Did a post on this site a while back on what to do about it, which I have broadly followed. Now want an opinion on when it is too old to have never have had a girlfriend. Want one and went to an all-boys school, if that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob1000)
    Hi. About to hit 21 tomorrow and have never had a girlfriend. Did a post on this site a while back on what to do about it, which I have broadly followed. Now want an opinion on when it is too old to have never have had a girlfriend. Want one and went to an all-boys school, if that counts.
    There is no age at which you are too old to have never had a girlfriend - unless you are putting pressure on yourself to have one. Similarly to you I am 21 and have never had a girlfriend (and attended an all-male educational establishment too!), but I don't feel under any pressure to have one (unlike you).

There isn't really an arbitrary age, but given that you convey in your post that you want one, I can understand that you will obviously feel some pressure and possibly some inadequacy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more concerned by your apparently not being old enough to use the search function.

ReputationRep:
    58692740343427871 :yes:

ah, you'll be grand

don't stress about getting one, just centre yourself in social circles with girls, don't appear desperate.

ReputationRep:
    You're fine. Some people don't until they're a bit older.

I wouldn't start worrying until you're clocking 40 with thirty pet snakes and you call them your precious babies.

Edit: Clearly, we have such a person in our midst. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, I guess it should be up to 22....That's a good 7 years of being a teenager where you go out with your mates and have fun and stuff... 7 years is a long time..

however everyone who has never had a girlfriend/boyfriend is going to say - " There's no age, just wait until the time is right ".... Of course there is truth to this, but really, it does get weird past a certain age....

Girls will wonder why you haven't had a girlfriend, then they'll be like sheet he must have gential warts or something lol

ReputationRep:
    if you haven't gotten laid by the age of 2 you are most likely a homosexual who will die alone trying to convince themselves otherwise

ReputationRep:
    I would say 25 is the absolute max, but you wana get laid by 21/22 max.

ReputationRep:
    don't sweat it. if you want one, go get one, but don't act needy, just stay chilled and confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    I'm more concerned by your apparently not being old enough to use the search function.
    You actually get a good feeling when you make a thread and people reply, people don't want to search they want to start fresh, and post their experience or whatever, not what someone else has.

ReputationRep:
    When you look back at a part of your life and really regret not taking a chance with someone really special to you. That's when you're too old because that's when you've given up.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin is 25, 26 in June and i'm 99% sure he has never had a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:

Have you had sex? My mates mum is always up for good looking youngsters if you're interested....

ReputationRep:
    People have different views, but to me it would be 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enchanté)
    Why not? If I got to 25 without any type of gf I would be near suicidal.

Did you bang anyone at your school? :beard:

At twenty-one now, myself, I can safely say that if you get to this age without having had a girlfriend then it's never going to happen.

But seriously, it'll happen when it does. Or that's what they tell me. All I know is that women don't see me as boyfriend material, and that because of that, I've never done anything other than a friendly hug.

But I've got more important things to think about at the moment, so I'm not thinking about it too much at the moment.

ReputationRep:
      when you're dead

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Enchanté)
      You could help him out.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.