Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Incoming call on your mobile. You recognise number as the person you swapped numbers with ages ago, but don't know them very well.

Me: Hello?

Caller: 'Andy', where are ya?

Me: At home, why watsup?

Caller: Sh1t, which Andy is this?

Me: Andy. Andy Parkins from uni.

Caller: oh, wrong Andy *Puts fone down*

No apology no nothing, to make it worse they don't even pretend to cover up the mistake by maybe asking how your doin or sumthing!! I'm using Andy as an example.

EDIT: Just to clarify, caller assumes I'm Andy, his friend not Andy the lad he met down the pub during some random discussion we swappd numbers. He's stored both of us as Andy in his fonebook but mixed us up.

ReputationRep:
    you forgot to make the last "caller" bit bold, and it bugging me :rolleyes:

and, no, thats never happened :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -kit-kat-)
    you forgot to make the last "caller" bit bold, and it bugging me :rolleyes:

and, no, thats never happened :/
    LOL corrected. wasn't really intened as a grammatically correct post but thanks

ReputationRep:
    doesn't happen enough to annoy me. if he was your mate i'd be annoyed. seeing as it's someone you don't know, i wouldn't really care :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    wow, nice when someone listens
    note I didn't complain about the grammar

ReputationRep:
    haha i had a similar experience just a week ago. But my caller was more offensive. They just hung up

ReputationRep:
    Should have phoned him back up.

Hi, is this Caller?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's happened to me. It's rude not to just say sorry though, that's just common courtesy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    doesn't happen enough to annoy me. if he was your mate i'd be annoyed. seeing as it's someone you don't know, i wouldn't really care :P
    doesn't happen often but it can be a nuisance when it does. i do find it funny though but annoying at the same time

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've lost sleep over it.

ReputationRep:
    Never happened to me but that is rather rude. He could at least of said he was sorry. Jeez. Some people.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't happen often but it can be a nuisance when it does. i do find it funny though but annoying at the same time
    aha yeah he shudda said sorry, but really it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenP91)
    Should have phoned him back up.

Hi, is this Caller?
    lol and say its Me calling.

ReputationRep:
    lol and say its Me calling.
    Hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me when someone puts an ambiguous title in a thread where it's something that's not really that big of a deal.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me, I just appreciate having a phone call to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Don't think the complaint was over grammar to be honest..

ReputationRep:
    Pretty rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkjolt)
    It annoys me when someone puts an ambiguous title in a thread where it's something that's not really that big of a deal.
    HAHA thats actually funny. but thanks :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Incoming call on your mobile. You recognise number as the person you swapped numbers with ages ago, but don't know them very well.

Me: Hello?

Caller: 'Andy', where are ya?

Me: At home, why watsup?

Caller: Sh1t, which Andy is this?

Me: Andy. Andy Parkins from uni.

Caller: oh, wrong Andy *Puts fone down*

Its really annoying. No apology no nothing, to make it worse they don't even pretend to cover up the mistake by maybe asking how your doin or sumthing!! My names not Andy btw.

EDIT: Just to clarify, caller assumes I'm Andy, his friend. He's stored both of us as Andy in his fonebook but mixed us up.
    So you're not Andy but you are Andy Parkins but then you said that your name isn't Andy??

:hmmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.