Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She's going to break up with me :'( Watch

Me and my girlfriend have been together nearly a year, she really is everything to me, I love her so much and I have never been so happy.

But now over the last few days she has been showing what I believe are warning signs that she will break up with me. I have hurt her (not physically I'm not a complete ****) a few times recently because I've said things I shouldn't have, and I think I have somehow hurt her again now with the way she is acting with me, I don't know what I have done she won't say, she won't even talk to me, won't see me.

Thing is it's nearly Christmas as well, I've got her loads of presents that were sure to bring a smile to her face and now when she finishes with me I just know that I'm going to be depressed. I haven't got any friends and all I do is work, she is the only and best friend I have got and losing her would destroy me.

I just know that I'm going to be crying all Christmas and ruining it for everybody else She is the only thing in my life now and she means absolutely everything to me, I really believe she is the one and we have so much in common, I love her to pieces. She used to love me too but she hasn't told me she loves me some time. I'm going to be devastated to lose her and I just feel dark days coming ahead for me, truth is I'd rather not even be here than be without this girl I'd never commit suicide because of the impact it would have on my family, I just don't know how I'm going to get through this. I've never felt this unhappy before, I just want to be happy like everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    Right then. This is a two part solution. Part one is easy, part two is going to be really hard.

Part one: You go buy some roses, go to her house and apologise profusely for everything you've done recently. You've got to be honest with yourself for the reasons you hurt her and explain why this happened and that you'll work on yourself. If she doesn't break up with you there, you've got lots of work to do.

Part two: the really hard part. Start to love yourself. start having your own fun and make some friends. You need to gain your independence from this girl if you've got a chance with her or any other girl. When you put your entire happiness in the hands of someone else it puts an immense pressure on them. You need to hold your own happiness and share it with her instead. If you don't, you'll never stay in a relationship. No one wants to carry someone for the rest of their life after all.

Tough but true advice my friend. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest: do you have a vagina? Because you deffo don't have a penis.

ReputationRep:
    They are 7 sad faces

ReputationRep:
    What did you say to her?

Go round to her house- take something. Her favourite chocolate, flowers, the conry stuff. Tell her how much she means to you, and that you're sorry. That you love her, and she means everything to you, she's your world. That when you see her face, theres not a thing that you would change. Because shes amazing just the way she is.

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you so badly..this is a horrible situation. Do you have any idea what may have happened thats resulted in her not speaking to you? If she wont see you, why don't you go and see her? Telll her everything how you're feeling..get it all out in the open. Say you think your relationship is too special to just wipe away and you want to work at it and really TRY to change your ways if you are hurting her (in what waays can I ask, nasty comments?! ) Hope everything works out for you, if worst comes to worst, do cry and sob, of course you'll be sad, but make room to enjoy yourself over Christmas and try and keepyourself busy with work/hobbies etc. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    guys like you make me go grrrrrr you shoulda thought about wha you was gonna say before you said it! someone i knew did the same thing..spent most of his days swearin at me and treatin me like **** then apologisin n cryin over it.
    grow a pair please + get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with her first, then you win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Right then. This is a two part solution. Part one is easy, part two is going to be really hard.

Part one: You go buy some roses, go to her house and apologise profusely for everything you've done recently. You've got to be honest with yourself for the reasons you hurt her and explain why this happened and that you'll work on yourself. If she doesn't break up with you there, you've got lots of work to do.

Part two: the really hard part. Start to love yourself. start having your own fun and make some friends. You need to gain your independence from this girl if you've got a chance with her or any other girl. When you put your entire happiness in the hands of someone else it puts an immense pressure on them. You need to hold your own happiness and share it with her instead. If you don't, you'll never stay in a relationship. No one wants to carry someone for the rest of their life after all.

Tough but true advice my friend. Good luck.
    omg such good advice.

ReputationRep:
    how many presents do you have?

start giving her one a day till xmas from tomorrow and she cant break up with you!

I'm a genius

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Dump her first

ReputationRep:
    http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...e=Courage-Wolf

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with TSR's advice & bring her pizza

ReputationRep:
    It's very unhealthy when your only source of happiness comes from one person. You've become way too dependent on her. You should really try to make friends with other people. I would try and apologise for all the bad things you said and show her you're sorry but making it seem like you depend on her will just push her away.
    Hope it works out anyway, you seem like a genuinely nice person, just realise that your life shouldn't completely revolve around your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Break up with her first, then you win.
    Your signature looks like a female Elijah Wood. It's creepy.

ReputationRep:
    show her this post

ReputationRep:
    God your gf is drama queen, i have a favourite quote off my bf "Youll look pretty by your wedding day" ten minutes later i had forgive him. Personnally id give her the day or so peace that she needs then go round big hug and say your sorry, 90% of it is the fact you (men) dont think before you open your mouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    What did you say to her?

Go round to her house- take something. Her favourite chocolate, flowers, the conry stuff. Tell her how much she means to you, and that you're sorry. That you love her, and she means everything to you, she's your world. That when you see her face, theres not a thing that you would change. Because shes amazing just the way she is.
    Bruno Mars?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt she's going to break up with you because of the things you've said.... they cant have been that bad?

If she does it would probbaly be a combination of her not feeling the same anymore, not being in love anymore.
    If you're in love with someone... a few words wouldnt make them break up with you... and you have apologised. (Assuming you've no said anything a long the line of dislking her or anything really offensive)

Take her out somewhere nice... enjoy yourself and talk... she could just be stressed with exams/ assignments?

You kind of come across as clingy ?:/
    Start focusing on yourself.. make some friends and have things to do. If everyone decided to commit suicde after breaking up the first time.... there wouldnt be many people alive.

If it doesnt work out.. there will always be someone else out there for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.