The Student Room Group

Causation - intervening act of a 3rd party - please help!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wow, thank you so much for replying everyone! To kimbates, yeah I have come to the conclusion that I will just argue both ways because I think it is clear that there are conflicting views on the issue which is what I was struggling with, :frown:
but thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it. :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by D.R.E
However, despite the antagonistic nature of the debate, I don't feel it was entirely fruitless and I rather enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it. I found it a bore arguing with someone who it transpires isn't even studying law, but as long as the OP is happy.
Reply 22
Original post by admbeatmaker
Wow, the audacity of lesbionic. There's clearly no need to be derogatory towards D.R.E.

And who are you dear? I wasn't derogatory, I was severe. When an 18 year old applicant begins a silly flamewar in a thread that hopes to analyse a legal problem without any sound legal knowledge, I take exception to that.

I don't feel there is anything wrong with shooting down a phoney that creates ridiculous assertions such as ''you need to charge GBH even though the victim died'' - that is uselss, unhelpful nonsense - in other words it's not bad legal advice, it's WRONG legal advice, and the latter is much more likely to end your career.
Original post by lesbionic
And who are you dear? I wasn't derogatory, I was severe. When an 18 year old applicant begins a silly flamewar in a thread that hopes to analyse a legal problem without any sound legal knowledge, I take exception to that.

I don't feel there is anything wrong with shooting down a phoney that creates ridiculous assertions such as ''you need to charge GBH even though the victim died'' - that is uselss, unhelpful nonsense - in other words it's not bad legal advice, it's WRONG legal advice, and the latter is much more likely to end your career.

Well dear, I am Adam. However, that has no bearing on my say. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. D.R.E is obviously an A level Law student, though should the OP, who I assume is a degree student have the ability to answer the question by there self? D.R.E is simply offering some advice from his/her experience and knowledge from A levels. Even if it was incorrect it would serve as stimulation for the OP.

Just because you are a King's College student does not give you right to be antagonistic or derogatory towards anybody lower than yourself. With this attitude, you'll go nowhere in life.
Reply 24
Original post by admbeatmaker
Well dear, I am Adam. However, that has no bearing on my say. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. D.R.E is obviously an A level Law student, though should the OP, who I assume is a degree student have the ability to answer the question by there self? D.R.E is simply offering some advice from his/her experience and knowledge from A levels. Even if it was incorrect it would serve as stimulation for the OP.

Just because you are a King's College student does not give you right to be antagonistic or derogatory towards anybody lower than yourself. With this attitude, you'll go nowhere in life.

What does this have to do with being at King's? Being a university law student full stop gives one more credibility to answer the question sensibly than an A Level Law student; sorry, it's the truth.

I see you also study law at university - which surprises me since you don't seem particularly moved by the silly argument he put forward that one can be charged with a non-fatal offence when your victim dies... If your victim dies, there is no possibility of being charged with a non fatal offence, how many times do I need to say this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending