Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As I would wish to do a masters programme in economics in Great Britain, I learned that I need to do a graduate diploma first. On this note, I am wondering which universities allow prospective students to register for an MSc with a two-year programme of study, where they would take the Diploma units in the first year, and progress to the MSc proper in the second year subject to a satifactory performance. I am asking this because I can only get sponsorship if I am registered for an MSc.

As far as my academic profile is concerned, I finished my undergraduate studies in political science at the University of Ljubljana (average grade: 8.82 out of 10, received the faculty award for best diploma thesis), where I am also doing my masters in political theory (current average grade: 10 out of 10). I obviously did not do much quantitative courses (just basic stats and a course on foundations of economics), so I am not eligible for postgraduate courses in economics at one of the top universities (I know that LSE, for instance, offers a two-year programme).

Along with my studies, I am currently also a project coordinator at a research institute in the field of social and political studies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.