Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I watched this film about a month ago on Film4. I watch films constantly, 2 or 3 a week at least.

But i just can't get this strange, perverse and downright individualistic film out of my head.

The plot for anyone who hasn't viewed this Mise En Scene masterpiece is -
    A worldwide acclaimed crimewriter (Sir Michael Caine) is visited by a young actor (Jude Law) at his rural home, or 'fortress', to discuss matters concerning that of the twisted writer's Wife.

Also, the variety of Dutch Shots and in general extraordinary and remarkable shots (use these terms literally to understand fully what I mean) really added to the offset and unorthodox nature of the film.

So now I guess it's your turn to tell me how wrong or right I am, because of course all I have written is merely subjective tripe, albeit slightly dressed up! Hope to get some peoples views on this for sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.