Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Degree Course not defined in UCAS Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey first time poster.

Been going though my UCAS application, everything's sorted, personal statement etc. I was just checking over my choices and noticed an error on the page. On my application to Teesside its told me that my course code cannot be recognised. I've checked the course list in the help menu and mine is not listed there. The strange thing is though that there is a UCAS course code listed on the website.. It's just not listed on the UCAS form. (I've treble check to make sure its not just a an error with the institution ID)

I'm applying for a Computer Networking Degree BSc Hons.

I've sent them an email, both Teesside and UCAS regarding the matter, I was just looking for some clarification if anyone has had the same issue.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I hope this isn't the case, but a lot of Universities this year have started to end certain courses (Mostly, courses which are unique and don't have as many applicants). I know someone in my Tutor Group at College, who applied for a certain Physics course at The University of Salford.

When he attended the open day, they didn't mention anything about his course at all, so when he asked them later about his course, they said that they had stopped teaching it. They didn't even notify him, so he wouldn't have known if he hadn't attended the open day. Make sure you check this isn't the case.

Either that, or it could just be an error on the UCAS system. Sorry if I frightened you. It always helps to be a bit cautious

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply.

It’s strange, after consulting a friend who is also applying to the university it seems that it's not just me. A friend is trying to apply for an illustration course that also doesn't seem to be listed.

Both of us attended an open day a couple of months before hand it was advertised that the courses were running for the upcoming year.

With further investigation one of my lectures stated that allot of unis had missed to boat for registering their courses with UCAS and told me to just play the waiting game to find out what the uni says. So fingers crossed... this is the reason.

Had my head of department ring up the uni and I’m still waiting back for a reply to my email. Hopefully we can get it sorted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.