Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i mesomorph or endomorph? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, well i was just looking at different body types on google, and well i know im definitely not a ectomorph, but i think im either mesomorph or endomorph, but dunno which...... So what do yous think?

I'm 5.5 currently 143 pounds, been doing weights hypertrophy training since september ( but havent been going for past 2 weeks cuz of uni exams), done no cardio whatsover, have a little belly, shoulders broader but soft, dense biceps but again soft, and a little bump of a tricep again soft..... Oh and pecs have the definition but again some fat in there due to diet and no cardio, and emm i have fairly big thighs compared to the lower part of the leg and small feet and hands.....

I gain weight easily through eating and lifting.... i dont think i can be endomorphic cuz i dont have a round figure, but then i again, cud it be mixture of endo and meso?

Just wanna make sure, cuz i want to make sure im exercising and eating for the correct body type.

ReputationRep:
    Pics required really.

Butr from the description you are most def not pure meso.

Most people are not pure examples of somatotypes though, pure meso's stand out a mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Okay, well i was just looking at different body types on google, and well i know im definitely not a ectomorph, but i think im either mesomorph or endomorph, but dunno which...... So what do yous think?

I'm 5.5 currently 143 pounds, been doing weights hypertrophy training since september ( but havent been going for past 2 weeks cuz of uni exams), done no cardio whatsover, have a little belly, shoulders broader but soft, dense biceps but again soft, and a little bump of a tricep again soft..... Oh and pecs have the definition but again some fat in there due to diet and no cardio, and emm i have fairly big thighs compared to the lower part of the leg and small feet and hands.....

I gain weight easily through eating and lifting.... i dont think i can be endomorphic cuz i dont have a round figure, but then i again, cud it be mixture of endo and meso?

Just wanna make sure, cuz i want to make sure im exercising and eating for the correct body type.
    No one can really tell anything from a description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    well are you musclely or not? endo is...flab and meso is ..hard...from ur post I'd say ur an endo wanting to become a meso....lol..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    endomorphs fo life!
    You fail in your knowledge

The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat and muscle very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs. Muscles are strong, especially the upper legs. Endomorphs find they are naturally strong in leg exercises like the squat.

It is not a skinny, muscular, fat triangle!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    my point lol

I'll elaborate:
    We all know people don't use the letter "u" because they don't know it is written "you" its just an abbreviation.
    Matt here, is just a bit touchy about this fascinating endo thingy whatever subject. Instead of correcting me nicely he just called me a "miss douche" to make himself feel better. And even after telling him nicely that I really had no idea since I only googled this, he corrected the u into you just to add that bit extra.
    Someone who posted a question to which you saw fit to mock them based upon subject matter which you are clearly uneducated on. I assume this in itself was an effort by yourself to put others down to make yourself feel better?

Is this how you ‘nicely’ deal with people?

Careful with the blades you play with my dear, they are often double edged!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)

The tell tail signs of a meso is having very broad shoulders and a big chest naturally. You'll also be medium build and quite muscular with out doing any training. By the sounds of it, you're an endo.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't these body shape theories really outdated anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    I thought you just learned theory in ep later on...trust me I kno its mostly biology..but..in my world if youre good at that you learn to become a dr..or someone in medicine...if youre not..well u guessed it....but I'm seeing the world with different eyes today..(I wouldnt go as far as saying "thanks" to you but..."because" of u )

ok honey boy...unneeded is an actual word....the adding of the -ly suffix...makes it an adverb...A lil info im very pleased to share with u...ivy league schools are not just for the over 19s...oh and i get ur mr. bean comment now....and please..me? getting ANY integration rules wrong would be a sin and if it ever were to happen u have my permission to decapitate me and use my head as a human football.

PS: I was brought up bilingually...English is one of the 5 languages I speak fluently.
    The basis of the ‘discussion’ in this forum has be naught but demonstrating you are actually incorrect in what you said (albeit colourfully given the ineptitude of your post the language was ‘dummed down’ for it), and you then saw fit to ‘demonstrate’ your own abilities and attempt to putdown and outwit others which in itself has been an exercise in futility for you.

Sadly for you not everyone is so ‘desperate to be in your face with their education’.
    You have no idea what Bish or I know, what level we are educated to etc, and while I expect a sardonic retort you must also gauge that that is no different to the view we have of you and your desperate attempts at self justification.

I had to look up this Sheldon chap, I first thought you may have been referring to Dr William Sheldon who is actually the chap who theorised the Somatotype model, but upon looking up the name I am quite frankly appalled that someone with such apparent (and quite possibly internet based) pedigree would find such anal gravy in anyway satisfying! I don’t believe I have seen more predictable comedy, hence why I have only ever watched a single episode after which I used wire wool and turps to cleanse my eyes!

So please no more of this self glorification nonsense, intellect is far better proven through application (given you are interested in physics and maths, my own fields actually) you should understand this and quite frankly grow up!

ReputationRep:
    for all we know, you may have a high body fat % and are therefore endomorphic. pics!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.