I feel the single most gutted person in this country at the moment... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I had tickets to see the Darkness in November last year but they rescheduled it to 7th February. So when I bought the tickets they were £15 each and my friend Vikki bought them and kept hold of them for us.
So we're walking from the train station to college and I idly mention it and two random people come up to me and start bidding against each other to buy my ticket, it got to £157! So I start panicking and saying sure!! Because believe me they are a great band but.....£157? I'm supposed to be saving to university and a £142 profit is good!
So I speak to my friend Gareth and he said that he was going to put his up on E-bay because the ones on there are selling for £200.
We go and find my friend Vikki and ask for our tickets tomorrow when she goes white and says "Oh, I knew there was something to tell you!"
She sold them to her sister's friends for £20
:eek:

Am getting the £20, however feeling tres gutted at the moment
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ouch

But think of it this way you still made some profit... you can't miss what you never had xx
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I had tickets to see the Darkness in November last year but they rescheduled it to 7th February. So when I bought the tickets they were £15 each and my friend Vikki bought them and kept hold of them for us.
So we're walking from the train station to college and I idly mention it and two random people come up to me and start bidding against each other to buy my ticket, it got to £157! So I start panicking and saying sure!! Because believe me they are a great band but.....£157? I'm supposed to be saving to university and a £142 profit is good!
So I speak to my friend Gareth and he said that he was going to put his up on E-bay because the ones on there are selling for £200.
We go and find my friend Vikki and ask for our tickets tomorrow when she goes white and says "Oh, I knew there was something to tell you!"
She sold them to her sister's friends for £20
:eek:

Am getting the £20, however feeling tres gutted at the moment
Always a capitalist.

But she did buy the tickets for you. Next time buy your own, and sell them on ebay.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
Ouch

But think of it this way you still made some profit... you can't miss what you never had xx
Weird that's what I said!!!

And that ticket was legally mine as I did pay for it
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
and as for being a capatalist I've aimed to save at least £300 each month which is hard when you haven't a SINGLE hour of work in a month due to the slow season
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and as for being a capatalist I've aimed to save at least £300 each month which is hard when you haven't a SINGLE hour of work in a month due to the slow season
No, it was in a good way. I bet you your friend sold tyhe tickets for £50 or maybe £100 and kept the profits herself.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
No cuz apparently she did it way back in September/October time after we found out it was cancelled because nobody had heard of the Darkness then...not necessarily true but nobody thought they'd be Xmas number 2
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
harsh, £20 when u could ave got £200 +, bet u screwed
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ryoku)
harsh, £20 when u could ave got £200 +, bet u screwed
I'm pissed off but not angry just pissed that she didn't tell me cuz I would have said oi No
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh, NO! hula hoops are round, and they'll be around forever!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Ah well I've had a VIP invite to the Not Katies private concert on the 30th there's gonna be some cool people there so hopefully it will make up for it, oh and it's FREEEEE
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the best things in life are free, like air, bet u never thought of that!
the g
Report 16 years ago
get the tickets back from her friend. don't tell her what they are worth. pay her up to 40 pounds for them. they were notoriously underpriced you're getting raped.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah well I've had a VIP invite to the Not Katies private concert on the 30th there's gonna be some cool people there so hopefully it will make up for it, oh and it's FREEEEE
Oooh how dya get that??
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
Umm, how about yes.
phreek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
And Garbage
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (390)
67.36%
No (189)
32.64%

Watched Threads