Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

well its my time of the month and ive had cramp before but this is rediculous i can't move its so so any ideas to help the pain? thanks

Hot water bottle? Often works for me. Take pain killers, and see the doctor if it persists.

ReputationRep:
    You can take a painkiller such as paracetamol but ibuprofen is more effective for period pain so take that if you can.
    You may also find a hot water bottle helps ease the pain.
    Gentle exercise such as walking often helps too.

I used to walk in circles around the living room until the ibuprofen kicked in. Then I went on the pill and now they are gone.

ReputationRep:
    4 advil anda heating pad. Helps me everytime. And I get REALLYY bad cramps every time.

ReputationRep:
    you should defo see the doc if u get pretty bad, and if your quite 'heavy', as u can feel badly drained
    but yeah i find hot water bottle helps and ibuprofen...and chocolate! ahh any excuse
    hope you feel better soon!

Take buscopan, which is meant for stomach craps and IBS. It works.

Or else, you could take 2x ibuprofen with 2x paracetamol.

ReputationRep:
    Hot water bottle, and take both ibu. and para. at the same time (different medicines, so this is fine). Should work pretty well. If it doesn't, then I'd suggest to see a doctor and they might suggest that you go on the pill- it stopped my cramps when I was on it for a while a year or so back.

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen and paracetamol should keep it at bay, BUT I really recommend naproxen if the pain is especially bad. You can get it behind the counter at the chemist, works wonders.

ReputationRep:
    Cuddles!:^_^:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.