Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone else gone off junk food? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've seriously gone off it. Walking past mcdonalds makes me feel sick. I'm really into super healthy meals, and cooking from scratch. Like I will make my own wholegrain pizza dough, own made tomato purée , organic chicken on top and organic vegetables and I have been feeling better because of it. I don't know what's gotten in to me but I like it! Anyone else going through this?!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Making a meal involves fying bacon, or making something with a cooking sauce, or chips.

I really need to buy some fruit though, I am really missing my fruit

ReputationRep:
    No. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been that into junk food.

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me a while back, its a good thing IMO.

Wait until summer comes, you get all your mates round for some epic BBQ's with loads of fresh and tasty munch :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i actually am. I used to really crave doner kebabs, it was a genuine addiction at one point. Now, i don't really want one and i had the option the other night to have one but i just felt like something healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Some research results show that junk food is obviously not good for ur health.but i think its okay to get junk food sometimes

ReputationRep:
    In the past, I would happily have gone to a fast food restaurant once a week given the chance, but it is quite rare now. Despite being fond of sweets as well, I never have a desire to eat crisps or biscuits these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildebeest)
    In the past, I would happily have gone to a fast food restaurant once a week given the chance, but it is quite rare now. Despite being fond of sweets as well, I never have a desire to eat crisps or biscuits these days.
    :lolwut: Since when have crisps been sweet? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I still love it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not into bad junk food like McDonalds or Burger King or ropey kebab shops but I like good junk food like ribs, homemade burgers sausage,egg and chips etc. But yeah, its best had in moderation otherwise you'll just feel sick and undernourished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    :lolwut: Since when have crisps been sweet? :holmes:
    They aren't in general, I just categorised them alongside biscuits as is often the convention.

ReputationRep:
    me! an average lunchtime for me used to be supernoodles (still gotta admit I love them haha) but recently I have been having like 3 bowls of soup a day and cheese scones.
    so. good.
    am nomming away on homemade potato and leek soup with philadelphia cheese right at this moment

Never eat junk food.

ReputationRep:
      I won't eat "fast food" unless I'm literally out of food.

ReputationRep:
      McDonald's makes me ill.

I don't really eat at fast food restaurants, as such, but I do eat a lot of sugary foods. I should probably lay off them...

ReputationRep:
      nah I love junk food..though I dont eat it that often and I dont like sweets so I'll be fine since I love sallads!

ReputationRep:
      I hate it.

ReputationRep:
      Give me your mindset...!

I WANT to be like that but for some reason junk food is so seductive, I tell myself I shouldnt eat it all the time but it just happens, I just find myself eating it..

ReputationRep:
      I don't know if anyone classes nandos as fast food, but it makes me feel so ILL gives me a really bad stomach ache!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.