Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

bit confused by everything.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was in a relationship for 18 months, we had been seeing each other for a long time before that because of long distance and neither of us were sure it would work. We loved each other lots and both had plans about the future and thought we were going to be together for ever. But towards the end of the 18 months, due to mental health issues, i pushed her away and we broke up. The break up was messy as i was coming to terms with my mental health. We went for a spell of nearly 3 weeks of not talking to each other which is the longest time we hadn't spoken for 3 years.

After i sorted myself out, I still have mental health issues, but i am so much healthier now, we started to talk. We were texting and talking a lot and i said i wanted to see her so she invited me round to see her. We slept together and she also asked if I wanted to go out on wednesday. I just want to know how to approach this, I still love her and I want to know where I am at with her, as far as I am aware she is seeing other guys and I am sort of seeing other girls and she suspects this. When we broke up she said that she felt we could never have a casual relationship but has she changed her mind or does she want more? Part of the reason our relationship fell apart was the extent to how serious we were, we both sort of felt tied down. I dont think she would mess me around because she knows about my mental health but i dont overly want to bring it up because i am really happy with how things are going.

Bit of a long one i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bally1990)
    w
    Completely unrelated, but made me laugh a little.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, but I think you should take things slowly and treat it as if it were a new relationship (which I know will be hard given your history). She's obviously interested, but you've got to determine to what extent she is.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm kind of tired

ReputationRep:
    I think she wants to get back together, it doesn't sound like she would mess you about. I'd stop seeing other people and make sure she knows this, see how she reacts.

ReputationRep:
    Blonde?

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her what she wants! If you have been together that long then it should be the normal conversation to have anyway.

Just tlak to her about what you are thinking and ask what she wants to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.