Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of getting my teeth whitened. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting my teeth whitened. But I'm a bit worried because I've seen some people on UV nights whose teeth glow in the dark!

Who here has had there teeth whitened or do you just have naturally white teeth?

I'm always attracted to girls with really nice white teeth so I think its only fair that I get nice teeth in return so I'm not a hypocrit.

Hopefully then I will have nice sparkly white teeth and smile more in photographs like this: instead of this: :o:o

What would you recommend to get your teeth whiter?

Also, I've got quite a few metal fillings in my back teeth which I am self conscious of.

Please tell me your stories about your teeth. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    Please tell me your stories about your teeth.
    lol! Basically, you just want to hear about everyones teeth.
    Erm, I don't really have a story. I've been blessed with very white teeth..but I still use whitening toothpaste twice daily, and I also use whitening strips every so often on both the top and bottom teeth.

How badly stained are your teeth? If you are a smoker and coffee drinker, and your teeth are in a bit of a state, then it may be worth looking into professional whitening. If not, try a few alternatives before you go and spend all that money! There are a lot of products which will help whiten your teeth at a reasonable price.

Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about the whole glow in the dark UV issue..I hear some girls are into that vampire-esque kinda look nowadays :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. If you have truly white teeth then it's because your enamel wears away faster than it stains, which is a bad thing. Stained teeth are healthy teeth.

ReputationRep:
    By stained teeth do you mean yellowy teeth? People say they are "not that yellow" but they do look darker than most peoples in photographs. I think it might be a genetic thing. Or maybe everyone's using whitening strips and not telling me about it!

ReputationRep:
    White teeth arent healthy, it shows that they're weak. They should be an off-white/cream colour.

ReputationRep:
    I want mine done when I can afford it because I've always wanted super white teeth, but it costs like £400 to get them properly done

ReputationRep:
    I whiten my teeth. I strongly recommend you use Crest White Strips. They're many reviews on their products on amazon/Youtube, check it out. Happy whitening

ReputationRep:
    I can't whiten my teeth yet because of braces.
    But once im done, i'll definitely get a White Stips! They smell minty yummy.

ReputationRep:
    I have braces at the moment but I'll definately be having them whitened after Ive had them off. My teeth are normlly quite white looking but as I cant use a whitening toothpaste at the moment like I normally would they're a bit yellow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I whiten my teeth. I strongly recommend you use Crest White Strips. They're many reviews on their products on amazon/Youtube, check it out. Happy whitening
    This. I do mine every 10 months xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbm)
    I have braces at the moment but I'll definately be having them whitened after Ive had them off. My teeth are normlly quite white looking but as I cant use a whitening toothpaste at the moment like I normally would they're a bit yellow
    When my friend had her braces removed the dentist also cleaned her teeth and now she has the whitest teeth of anyone I know! So you never know, you might not need to! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    When my friend had her braces removed the dentist also cleaned her teeth and now she has the whitest teeth of anyone I know! So you never know, you might not need to! xx
    Hopefully not! Would like to save the money if I can!

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that those whitening strips (at least, the ones by Crest) can leave your teeth incredibly sensitive because they strip away the enamel. When things are illegal there is generally a reason for it...

Anyway, I am interested in this thread; I have kind of yellowish teeth and braces. I'll see how they look when I get the braces off soon. No way I can get a professional whitening so... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    I have heard that those whitening strips (at least, the ones by Crest) can leave your teeth incredibly sensitive because they strip away the enamel. When things are illegal there is generally a reason for it...

Anyway, I am interested in this thread; I have kind of yellowish teeth and braces. I'll see how they look when I get the braces off soon. No way I can get a professional whitening so... :dontknow:

I have very sensitive teeth and didn't have a problem with the Crest strips. They do get a little tender but that happens with any whitening that makes a difference and it goes away after a couple of days xx

ReputationRep:
    Use aloe vera tooth paste. it is brilliant. It strengthens your teeth and whitens them. I will give you the website i buy it from if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    lol! Basically, you just want to hear about everyones teeth.
    Erm, I don't really have a story. I've been blessed with very white teeth..but I still use whitening toothpaste twice daily, and I also use whitening strips every so often on both the top and bottom teeth.

How badly stained are your teeth? If you are a smoker and coffee drinker, and your teeth are in a bit of a state, then it may be worth looking into professional whitening. If not, try a few alternatives before you go and spend all that money! There are a lot of products which will help whiten your teeth at a reasonable price.

Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about the whole glow in the dark UV issue..I hear some girls are into that vampire-esque kinda look nowadays :rolleyes:
    Can I just ask, what whitening strips do you use? Been thinking about doing it myself as my teeth are awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Can I just ask, what whitening strips do you use? Been thinking about doing it myself as my teeth are awful.
    If you get a set I'll have one :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    If you get a set I'll have one :yy:
    Crest white strips on eBay - might get a pack in the new year. Wanna share? They're a bit expensive :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Crest white strips on eBay - might get a pack in the new year. Wanna share? They're a bit expensive :erm:
    Yeah, go on then :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I know that this can be a slightly controversial product, but I use Crest whitening strips and they are brilliant. At first your teeth may feel slightly sensitive for a day or two, but once you've initially whitened them, you won't need to use them as often..just now and again to keep your teeth white. I've been using them for a really long time and I haven't noticed increased sensitivity, and my teeth are in pretty good health..so I'd say try them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.