Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sending a letter requesting a scholarship: printed or hand written? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It'd look more business-like and professional if printed, but there's something more personal - and maybe harder to ignore - in a neat handwritten letter.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Printed. More legible and formal to read. Also, we're living in 21st century dude, technology has been birthed for convenience. You don't want to have spelling/grammatical errors on your hand written scholarship, nor do you want to lose it (resulting in you having to re-write the whole thing again) .

Therefore, I say get typing!

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense.

clickety-click

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimateJ)
    It'd look more business-like and professional if printed, but there's something more personal - and maybe harder to ignore - in a neat handwritten letter.

Any thoughts?
    You've probably already sent it by now, but I've just read this and got really curious about whether anyone is still hand-writing this kind of thing. Personally, I write formal 'thank you' letters by hand (I usually write a draft beforehand, though), but type all other correspondence (other than - obviously - personal letters and cards).

Typing a 'thank you' letter would feel a bit odd to me; hand-writing any other sort of letter would also feel odd. Does anyone else have a similar approach, or is it completely weird to hand-write anything other than personal correspondence, these days?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.