Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone knows that it has raised. I was wondering if I already started the course this year, will it stay the same amount (3290) or it will also be much higher next year, which would be unfair...

Need to find out and be sure.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I know...

But you didn't answer the question.
    As I understood student who are already in the system will have to pay the same amout, but I still want to make sure and waiting for a person who really knows that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zinjutea)
    I think everyone knows that it has raised. I was wondering if I already started the course this year, will it stay the same amount (3290) or it will also be much higher next year, which would be unfair...

Need to find out and be sure.
    Thank you.
    I don't really understand what you mean with ''if I already started the course this year''. You cannot start a full-time course in the middle of the year so I'm really not sure what you are refering to.

This years tuition fee (2010/2011) is 3290 pound. The rise of the tuition fees to like 9000 pound starts from 2013 as far as I am aware. so next year (2011/2012) the fees will probably be around 3360 or something.

Did that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the raised tuition fees start from 2012 but if you've already started uni you will pay the capped amount.

The capped amount rises every year, I think it's because of inflation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.