Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have this problem that as soon as winter starts my fingers get swelled up and all red ant itchy. They itch and hurt even more when I try to keep them warm
    What to do?? :confused:
    And does anyone else suffer from this? :K:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just bad circulation to your fingers - there is something called Raynaud's syndrome which is like this and causes discolouration of the fingers, but don't worry, it's not serious. If it's really hurting you, go get it checked out at the docs, but I've managed to grow out of it as I've gotten older.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from going the doctors, buy some good quality handcream.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like chilblains. I get them on my toes in winter, really annoying and itchy!

(Original post by Pink Sparkles)
      Sounds like chilblains. I get them on my toes in winter, really annoying and itchy!
      This.

A woman I use to work with suffers badly with this condition. She said her mother use to dip her hands in her own wee when she was a child, as apparently that helped. :donknow: (Don't ask me if it works as I personally don't suffer with the condition, just repeating what someone else told me lol).

Like someone else said, invest in a good hand cream, ie Nivea Hand ''Nourishing Cream'' (it's blue and has a lil pink rim @ the opening of the tube). It's a tad expensive, but it's the nicest cream I've had and it's lasted me agesss - had a tube since August, and I still got it and I do use it all the time. And of course, go to the Drs, who might be able to prescribe something for the condition.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.