Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to one of these selection days. Does anyone know what the test consists of and is it difficult, ie should I revise? :rolleyes:

It's in February but I was just wondering what it's like. Pretty scary.. I hate getting on the spot questions (like 6% of 20 etc) hahaa!

ReputationRep:
    You need to know ur basic kinda A level Biology and Chemistry. But I don't do A2 bio and I was okay. Maths and problem solving. The maths test was harder than Manchester's but thats probably just me. there is also an English writing test. They're really friendly people. You get to talk to the students already there properly and have a proper discussion. Its very relaxed overall..

nothing much to worry about. Be yourself

ReputationRep:
    I have mine tomorrrrow !!! aaah

ReputationRep:
    i've been to 4 pharmacy interviews and thought the test for huddersfield was probably the hardest- didn't do brilliantly but still got an offer The test is maths, some problem solving and AS biology and chemistry.
    The people are really helpful and friendly, i don't think the scores on the tests matter that much as long as your interview goes well. (and you don't get a zero)
    Don't stress about it there is nothing to worry about good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shut It Down)
    I've been invited to one of these selection days. Does anyone know what the test consists of and is it difficult, ie should I revise? :rolleyes:

It's in February but I was just wondering what it's like. Pretty scary.. I hate getting on the spot questions (like 6% of 20 etc) hahaa!

Hi, there really is nothing to worry about, it's nothing that you haven't learnt before, it was AS Biology and Chemistry, problem solving and basic Maths and written English- just make sure to be yourself in the Interview!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer today, pretty sick uni to be honest, I liked it more than like nottingham and manchester etc LOL.
    The test was really easy, just go over phopholipids, eukaryotic cell contents, dosage form calculations, think of your favourite animal and why and draw it, remember insulin is the hormone which lowers blood sugar levels, also learn to balance equations, mainly combustion equations. Know the definition for le chatileiers principle, and know about protein synthesis. That's the most I can remember.

Such a great day tho, lol

ReputationRep:
    thanx hardz21 really helped have an interview in feb was so stressed abt wahhh they gonna ask me

ReputationRep:
    Hardz21, your post was very helpful, ive got my interview in a few weeks and also what do they ask you in the interview and are the questions the same for the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardz21)
    got an offer today, pretty sick uni to be honest, I liked it more than like nottingham and manchester etc LOL.
    The test was really easy, just go over phopholipids, eukaryotic cell contents, dosage form calculations, think of your favourite animal and why and draw it, remember insulin is the hormone which lowers blood sugar levels, also learn to balance equations, mainly combustion equations. Know the definition for le chatileiers principle, and know about protein synthesis. That's the most I can remember.

Such a great day tho, lol

Thanks so much for the info! I haven't done a level bio or chem in 2 years now so i've forgotten it all but at least i know what to look over before the day now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.