Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A child’s life needs to be GOVERNED and CONTROLLED Watch

ReputationRep:
    Many youths today are brought up in such a poor fashion. If you were to wander around certain areas, you will see kids hanging out on street corners etc. They all follow the same thing and admire scum celebrities, which in effect, promotes their idea of being a maverick and causing mayhem.

My idea is to CONTROL what children see and do. I believe it is important that they are exposed to the HISTORY and HERITAGE of Britain. There is a general lack of knowledge when it comes to today’s youth. I am sure you are all familiar with the term: Jeremy Kyle people. This needs to prevented to stop more of them populating.

When they are young, let’s say 5, the child should have to read the history of Britain. It is important that they’re tarnished with stories about famous citizens, leaders, generals, politicians, etc. Also introduce them to key events and battles.

Different idols

This could be nicely incorporated with the National Trust or English Heritage. They offer an array of historic properties and locations up and down the country. Why not force children to visit these places? Let them appreciate class, dignity, heritage and history. Maybe introduce a class camp? The class camp will teach them manners, music, key skills etc.

Blicking Hall

By the time the child is a teen, he/she will have a broader knowledge, and hopefully more class. Rather than blasting music out of a mobile phone and drinking white lightening in a park at night, they will realise that their actions are despicable and somewhat animal like.

ReputationRep:
    The history of Britain is grim and tedious in all honesty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    The history of Britain is grim and tedious in all honesty
    History is like that.

ReputationRep:
    Force feeding 'culture' to someone in reality probably wouldn't do much.
    Let people live how they want to live, not everyone wants to appreciate British heritage xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mapulet)
    Force feeding 'culture' to someone in reality probably wouldn't do much.
    Let people live how they want to live, not everyone wants to appreciate British heritage xD
    How about manners, respect, dignity etc? I am sick of seeing so many dim people.

ReputationRep:
    I have class and I wasn't force-fed British history...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    I have class and I wasn't force-fed British history...
    I am not accusing everyone as classless. But the vast majority are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    I am not accusing everyone as classless. But the vast majoiry are.
    Ah, I see.
    Teach 'em Maths as well as History. Very useful.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably more to do with their parents than anything else though

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to teach them history to teach them class, respect and good morals... I mean by just reading the title of this thread I was ready to go "AMEN!" but then you just took it too far with..."from the age of 5"...teach them how to properly read and write first...jeeess

ReputationRep:
    Many youths today are brought up in such a poor fashion. If you were to wander around certain areas, you will see kids hanging out on street corners etc. They all follow the same thing and admire scum celebrities, which in effect, promotes their idea of being a maverick and causing mayhem.

My idea is to CONTROL what children see and do. I believe it is important that they are exposed to the HISTORY and HERITAGE of Britain. There is a general lack of knowledge when it comes to today’s youth. I am sure you are all familiar with the term: Jeremy Kyle people. This needs to prevented to stop more of them populating.

When they are young, let’s say 5, the child should have to read the history of Britain. It is important that they’re tarnished with stories about famous citizens, leaders, generals, politicians, etc. Also introduce them to key events and battles.

Different idols

This could be nicely incorporated with the National Trust or English Heritage. They offer an array of historic properties and locations up and down the country. Why not force children to visit these places? Let them appreciate class, dignity, heritage and history. Maybe introduce a class camp? The class camp will teach them manners, music, key skills etc.

Blicking Hall

By the time the child is a teen, he/she will have a broader knowledge, and hopefully more class. Rather than blasting music out of a mobile phone and drinking white lightening in a park at night, they will realise that their actions are despicable and somewhat animal like.
    I completely agree, and this is how I'll be bringing up mine. Surrounded by books, culture, and class.

I was brought up in a similar way, my parents educated me about current affairs, politics, and bits of history since the age of 5. I started reading the Harry Potter books aged 6, as well as various others. Our house has several hundred historical books, as well as other topics such as artists, fiction, anything really. They always took me for outings to countryside places, stately homes, art galleries, museums etc.

Consequently, I'm a decent human being who deems it unacceptable to vandalise the local bus shelter and mug the elderly. I hate 'Jeremy Kyle people' haha. They bullied me for being a "posh prick" during school.

ReputationRep:
    How about manners, respect, dignity etc? I am sick of seeing so many dim people.
    Manners/respect/dignity would not come from force feeding the history of Britain.

It might make people more knowledgeable about the past- but I doubt it would convince anyone to change their entire outlook/character etc.

The three things you listed there can only really be taught by parents and really, no one can control that but them.

ReputationRep:
    hhaha love how you say "introduce them to key events and battles"....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Ah, I see.
    Teach 'em Maths as well as History. Very useful.
    No, you seem to be missing the point. Mathematics = school. This is OUTSIDE of school in an attempt to add more class, respect and knowledge to children.

ReputationRep:
    i think you'll find more often than not this already happens (in terms of our history is taught from an earliy age). the simply fact is every generation has the 'idea' to rebel against there parents. it just happens in different way than our predecessors.
    exposing people to different things may teach them, but just because you know somthing doesn't mean you use it...

plus the leaders you wish to export into the childs mind are a little out dated. we are no longer the world power we used to be, jesus were shareing our military with the french. which im sure lord nelson has turned in his grave about...

imo, they should be tought more about forward looking, new idea's that promote simlar idiology that previous generations grew up with.

you have to remember the world has moved on. everything is sexualised now. even shampoo! more pressure should be put on the governement to kerb this in the media. which ultimatly creates issues with our human right to, freedom of speach and such but hey.

you also have issues with educating the parents of the select few people you seem to target with this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I completely agree, and this is how I'll be bringing up mine. Surrounded by books, culture, and class.

I was brought up in a similar way, my parents educated me about current affairs, politics, and bits of history since the age of 5. I started reading the Harry Potter books aged 6, as well as various others. Our house has several hundred historical books, as well as other topics such as artists, fiction, anything really. They always took me for outings to countryside places, stately homes, art galleries, museums etc.

Consequently, I'm a decent human being who deems it unacceptable to vandalise the local bus shelter and mug the elderly. I hate 'Jeremy Kyle people' haha. They bullied me for being a "posh prick" during school.

I would never let my children read harry potter. Harry Potter is the symbol for authority disobeyance.

ReputationRep:
    The problem isn't with the children. It's with the parents who couldn't give a crap about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    You don't need to teach them history to teach them class, respect and good morals... I mean by just reading the title of this thread I was ready to go "AMEN!" but then you just took it too far with..."from the age of 5"...teach them how to properly read and write first...jeeess
    What's wrong with that? I could talk from the age of one and I was reading books aimed at much older children at 5, and I was also learning about current affairs. I could write, and I had a more advanced vocabularly than most at that age.

The reason? My mother spent an awful lot of time teaching me to talk, read, write etc. If parents spend enough time with their children, it's perfectly reasonable to think they'll be able to do these things at 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    I would never let my children read harry potter. Harry Potter is the symbol for authority disobeyance.
    It's a fictional book. If you take fiction as fact, then that's a different problem alltogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

This is good to hear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.