Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much to spend on gf for xmas? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Considering she refuses to agree on a spending limit because 'Christmas isnt about how much you spend on eachother, i'll love whatever you get me regardless of its price tag'.
    I guess she is right, but i dont want to spend say £40, if she goes out and spends £100 on me, i'd feel bad. I'd also feel bad if i spent loads on her and she spends hardly anything on me lol.
    So how do i get around this considering i have no idea what she will get me?

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on how long you've been together and what kind of relationship you have.

I've gotten away with £20 Xmas presents but at other times spent nearer to the £100 mark.

ReputationRep:
    all day if possible
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I would have mentioned is that you agree a price limit with eachother. But clearly you've covered this. Whats the money situation with you 2 at the moment? Try and ask her parents how much she is spending on you

ReputationRep:
    Whoever spends less has to make up for it with sexual favours? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Considering she refuses to agree on a spending limit because 'Christmas isnt about how much you spend on eachother, i'll love whatever you get me regardless of its price tag'.
    I guess she is right, but i dont want to spend say £40, if she goes out and spends £100 on me, i'd feel bad. I'd also feel bad if i spent loads on her and she spends hardly anything on me lol.
    Prehaps it would be better to make her something so then it wouldnt have a price tag?

ReputationRep:
    anything's better than 7 pairs of socks. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the going rate on ironing boards and washing up gloves is at the moment so I'm afraid I can't help.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been together? Just ask her how much she spent?

ReputationRep:
    blud you gotta lay down some ground rules, shes messing you around. Get her something ****ty like an Ali G VHS, £1.99 from a pawn shop. That'll show ur ***** who's boss - you need to do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    The first thing I would have mentioned is that you agree a price limit with eachother. But clearly you've covered this. Whats the money situation with you 2 at the moment? Try and ask her parents how much she is spending on you
    We both easily have enough to cover the £100 mark, its annoying though because i like to know what kind of price range we should be buying for eachother

ReputationRep:
    This is my current dilemma also. Not sure....

ReputationRep:
    i normally spend £250 on my mum and £70 on my brother. What i get of my mum amounts to about £80 and of my brother about £30 but hey as you say its not the money that counts.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go wrong with a pearl necklace. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Buy her a new kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeyg)
    blud you gotta lay down some ground rules, shes messing you around. Get her something ****ty like an Ali G VHS, £1.99 from a pawn shop. That'll show ur ***** who's boss - you need to do this.
    Man everytime I see your comments it makes me smile. I'm gonna give you a good rating for this .

ReputationRep:
    My mates been going out for 10 months and spent over £200! :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    We both easily have enough to cover the £100 mark, its annoying though because i like to know what kind of price range we should be buying for eachother
    Yep this looks extremely awkward. I would go for around the £100 mark, but clearly, someone is going to feel guilty(looks like you, considering what you told us she said), so I see the problem, but also if you buy her that and she buys you a holiday abroad for £500. I can't recommend anything, other than speak to her parents. Cheat somehow, ask her friends.....

ReputationRep:
    simples if she spends shed loads tell her that her other presents are delayed because the drives couldn't get through due to snow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    i normally spend £250 on my mum and £70 on my brother. What i get of my mum amounts to about £80 and of my brother about £30 but hey as you say its not the money that counts.
    £320 blud u are such a tool!!! thats like 6 weeks job seekers! respect 2 da fam but u need to get them out of expectin tht ur their personal bank account! lay down some ground rules ASAP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.