Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, would you be put off a girl if she wore glasses? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do glasses detract from appearances?
    Yes
    9.09%
    No
    90.91%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know it's the personality that counts, not appearances, but appearances do make a difference....

So, guys, would you be put off a girl if she wears glasses (not all the time, just for distance vision)?

ReputationRep:
    Nah wouldnt bother me, but im not as vain as some people.

ReputationRep:
    :nah:

http://blue-eyedvixen.com/images/200...rl_glasses.jpg

ReputationRep:
    So you provide the most unrealistic photo of an average British girl wearing glasses?

ReputationRep:
    misread a post
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_Cullen)
    I know it's the personality that counts, not appearances
    That's not actually true.

Hopefully these photos are "more realistic" and avoid the objects of "Astra_K".

ReputationRep:
    I think I look better with glasses and plus it's a strange question since glasses and lenses have become so common that it would be stupid not to date someone with glasses/lenses...(I am including lenses since these girls own a pair of glasses)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry OP I had presumed you were a guy, I apologise.

Why are you asking the question? Just out of interest, do you think it counts or has someone said something?

Look at the soldiers who are coming home without arms/legs/scared. They have loving partners, or are able to still find someone. Why would anyone even think about glasses as something that put a guy off?

Mizz: totally agree!

ReputationRep:
    If they are the right glasses they can add to a person's attractiveness, like:

NICE.

ReputationRep:
    I only started wearing glasses this year (I'm a guy), and I've been told many times that I look more attractive and intellectual with them on.:curious:

Personally, I find that some glasses make girls much more attractive. For instance, the other week, one of the girls I know wore glasses to class and looked way more sexier.

ReputationRep:
    My OH doesn't care about my glasses at all, he quite likes them actually (so he says... perhaps I've just got him very well trained ). Quite frankly though, I wouldn't give a damn about what anyone thinks of me wearing glasses - whilst I can function without them, I can't drive, read anything at any distance or watch TV without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_Cullen)
    Yeah, I know it's the personality that counts, not appearances, but appearances do make a difference....

So, guys, would you be put off a girl if she wears glasses (not all the time, just for distance vision)?
    Don't forget that girls can look sexy with glasses on.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not, Glasses can be hawt!

:jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Normal to decent glasses yeah but granny glasses then no, glasses on chicks are sexy

ReputationRep:
    Guys always seem to love me in my glasses. Never had any complaints.

ReputationRep:
    They'll be more put off that you're a twilight fan. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, Glasses look sexy on some girls.

ReputationRep:
    No?

Why would I be?

ReputationRep:
    Not even remotely.

Although some girls do wear rather unflattering glasses.

ReputationRep:
    I actually find that the right glasses can be extremely sexy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.