Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I hoping to do an Access to HE Social science course next year. I sent of my application and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks so at the end of november i emailed the college (somerset college) and asked if they had recieved my application. There first reply was no but then they emailed me a few days later saying that they had recieved it they just put it in the wrong pile and i should be receiving a letter in december for an interview in january. I know its only the middle of december but i haven't received anything yet. I dont want to miss this oppourtunity for this course but i dont want to keep "pestering" them. Any advice??

Many Thanks

Tia:confused:

ReputationRep:
    When i applied for the Access course i didn't apply until around the february time and didnt interview until late march so i wouldnt worry about missing your chance, its not the same as applying to uni, doesnt have to be in so early.

Id imagine most colleges are winding down now for christmas so you may be unlikely to get a letter soon. Id personally wait until after christmas and then start harassing them everyday in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tia88)
    Hi there,

I hoping to do an Access to HE Social science course next year. I sent of my application and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks so at the end of november i emailed the college (somerset college) and asked if they had recieved my application. There first reply was no but then they emailed me a few days later saying that they had recieved it they just put it in the wrong pile and i should be receiving a letter in december for an interview in january. I know its only the middle of december but i haven't received anything yet. I dont want to miss this oppourtunity for this course but i dont want to keep "pestering" them. Any advice??

Many Thanks

hi tia88
    I would suggest you phone up the college this week or do u have a pre-specific contact person for the access course you are applying for? anyway phone them up and ask them will i be receiving notification for a interview date for the Access to He Social science course? etc
    and see what they say.
    hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tia88)
    Hi there,

Many Thanks

Hey, can I ask which college this is? I'm also from Somerset so i'm interested to know. :-)

ReputationRep:
    The post will be extra busy, it's probably in a back log somewhere. Relax, enjoy Christmas and ring them the week of the new year. They will probably be closed in between christmas and then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.