Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grumpy train passenger grrrr Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was on the Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverly train monday, was packed out so standing room despite me being quite early in the queue.

When I got on people were still sitting down and I just missed the last seat.

This woman said something and I didnt hear her and she said it again in a loud voice, what she said was "you HAVE to move up as more people are getting on" and so I still didnt know if she was talking to me so went to reverse and she huffed and went "some people, its not rocket science" and huffed again, so I said in loud voice, "oh what a """""

Is it just people on Edinburgh train are prats or was this a one off.

ReputationRep:
    The prat, in this case, was you.

ReputationRep:
    it's all scottish people, they lack decency that we english people display so profoundly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    The prat, in this case, was you.
    Why do you say that? I was smiley and would of had no problem moving if I heard her, she didnt look at me just assumed I heard her then went on a strop for no reason and I snapped at her in anger.

So how am I the prat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Why do you say that? I was smiley and would of had no problem moving if I heard her, she didnt look at me just assumed I heard her then went on a strop for no reason and I snapped at her in anger.

So how am I the prat?
    You were standing somewhere that made it harder for people to get on or get past you. She told you this, you didn't hear. She told you again, you swore at her. Even if you genuinely didn't hear her or didn't think she was talking to you, swearing at her was completely uncalled for.

ReputationRep:
    It's people like you that make public transport so unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    You were standing somewhere that made it harder for people to get on or get past you. She told you this, you didn't hear. She told you again, you swore at her. Even if you genuinely didn't hear her or didn't think she was talking to you, swearing at her was completely uncalled for.
    Sorry, but that woman was being a complete *****. Seriously, people need to leave their attitude problems behind on public transport - it doesn't help anything. I don't think OP was doing anything worth getting pissed off about, she didn't hear and was stuck for moving space.

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing worse than people getting on a packed train and not moving along. If you need to get off before the bulk of people, stand out of the way by the door and let other people through first. That said, if your train doesn't have double doors, standing by the door could be a bit silly. If you don't move along it ends up leaving a queue of people out onto the platform and delays the train.

ReputationRep:
    No you are misunderstanding happened, people were already on the train so it wasnt a case of getting more people on, and she gave me no chance to react then snapped at me.

I wasnt stopping more people getting on, no one needed to get past me.

She gave me NO chance to react literally a guy had just sat down in front of me so I was actually in the process of turning round to see if there was any more seats when she snapped at me then she was stroppy as if I wasnt listening.

She never looked at me once, never aimed her voice directly at me or anything in fact I believe she was talking to a few people at once, in fact another guy in front of me rolled her eyes at her.

And even after I turned around anyway the queue didnt change.

I dont like when people treat me like a """" for doing nothing wrong and not giving me a chance to do anything.

Plus I am mildly autistic anyway so wouldnt of taken the words in for a few seconds after she said it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    quoted simply for truth.

Next time OP pay a little bit more attention and dont be so quick to judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Theres nothing worse than people getting on a packed train and not moving along. If you need to get off before the bulk of people, stand out of the way by the door and let other people through first. That said, if your train doesn't have double doors, standing by the door could be a bit silly. If you don't move along it ends up leaving a queue of people out onto the platform and delays the train.
    In this case there was masses of people at both doors and only about 2 or 3 people standing in the middle(where I was) so there was no way I could stand in the doorways anyway(it was double doored ones) it was so bad that people were sitting in the luggage racks.

Another thing that annoyed me was I squeezed in as far as I could to be polite when someone wanted to get off at next stop and asked him if he was ok for getting past and he shoved through me and huffed at me.

I am the sort of person if someone asks me politely I am very nice and I go out of my way to help somone, so get offended if someone snaps at me for no real reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    quoted simply for truth.

Next time OP pay a little bit more attention and dont be so quick to judge
    FFS, so she is allowed to be quick to judge me and snap at me and thats ok?

Love to see how people on here pay attention when theres a rush to get on a train and they are given no chance to move.

But then I forgot this is TSR where people think they know best.

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't like the way people stand on the train she should stay off them.#
    It's not her job to tell innocent passengers what to do.

ReputationRep:
    FFS, so she is allowed to be quick to judge me and snap at me and thats ok?

Love to see how people on here pay attention when theres a rush to get on a train and they are given no chance to move.

But then I forgot this is TSR where people think they know best.
    YOU were the one in the way
    YOU were the one who ignored the lady when she spoke first
    YOU were the one who then snapped at her (and dont be so childish as to say well she did it first)
    YOU were the one who then came on here to *****

and now YOU are the one *****ing again because people arent seeing it your way.

Plus I am mildly autistic anyway so wouldnt of taken the words in for a few seconds after she said it anyway.
    Really? Ok,

ReputationRep:
    YOU were the one in the way
    YOU were the one who ignored the lady when she spoke first
    YOU were the one who then snapped at her (and dont be so childish as to say well she did it first)
    YOU were the one who then came on here to *****

and now YOU are the one *****ing again because people arent seeing it your way.

Really? Ok,
    STFU """""

I WAS NOT IN THE WAY are you just picking a fight or something.

There was PLENTY of room in the aisle, she snapped at ME and I retalliated.

How the """" can I ignore something I didnt know was aimed at me, or did you stupidly ignore the fact that I said she gave me no chance to respond.

All in all from the time I walked up the aisle and the person took the last seat and the woman snapped at me it was a maximum of a minute passed as it was just long enough for me to glance for another seat and in the process of turning around get snapped at.

How was I magically supposed to know there was no more seats when seconds earlier there was a few, and strangely enough after the woman snapped at me the queue didnt change, no one moved along into my direction as they had plenty of space in the aisle.

And the woman who snapped at me was standing in the aisle so why dont you pick up on the fact that she was "blocking people off"

This is the typical attitude these days, you read my thread didnt see what I wrote in the right way and treat me as if I am the one in the wrong.

Now YOU can go bugger off back to your cave.

ReputationRep:
    XXX
    oh put your dummy back in and stop behaving like some silly brat. Having a tantrum at me is hardly going to endear me to your cause now is it.

However i think i will leave this here mainly becasue two kinds of people i dont bother wasting time argueing with children and idiots

you can pick which catagory you want to put yourself into.

You have nice day now ya'hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Sorry, but that woman was being a complete *****. Seriously, people need to leave their attitude problems behind on public transport - it doesn't help anything. I don't think OP was doing anything worth getting pissed off about, she didn't hear and was stuck for moving space.

Either that or someone flunked anger management.

ReputationRep:
    oh put your dummy back in and stop behaving like some silly brat. Having a tantrum at me is hardly going to endear me to your cause now is it.

However i think i will leave this here mainly becasue two kinds of people i dont bother wasting time argueing with children and idiots

you can pick which catagory you want to put yourself into.

You have nice day now ya'hear
    No no, you are acting like the big head know it all who hates being challenged and as if he knows best, you read my post and thought "oh he is saying this" which was an incorrect interpretation of the events then showed your opinion.

I dont deny you your opinion, I challenge the fact you were quick to judge not knowing fully what happened and misinterpreting events.
    I am hardly a child when I am only a year younger than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Either that or someone flunked anger management.
    Her or me lol, I got fed up of being walked over one too many times and treated as if I am the one with the problem not them, so thought I need to stand up for myself for once instead of being a wimp and just rolling over so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    This guy makes all Scottish people look bad. I despair :facepalm2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.